B-Body Boogie

Has anyone else noticed the side to side shimmy that all the B-bodys from the 80s clear up through the 90s seem to exibit when going over small bumps at low speed? Years ago I had an '83 Caprice and noticed it. My buddy's 94 Roadsmasher does it too. It seems to be unique to this particular platform.

Nope, it's only unique to 4-link coil spring suspended BOF cars with bad shocks. Small price to pay for the ownership experience of a B-body. (or other such vehicle)

BTW: After months of debating Me and Marica have finally decided to pursue buying a 94-96 B-body of some sort to replace the STS, a dark colored Caprice 9C1 would be first pick.

Not really i have noticed some more play in the steering wheel but no shimming.

Well there 68 if you like whales that have lots of body roll go with those years. my 91 had horrible body roll. while my current 90 has so much tighter handleing and such. but the 1991 and ^ have much nicer features. If you go police package with the LS1 it will be more stiff ride and not so much ??? was that a pot hole i hit??? but more like god damn this road needs to be redone. I would go for either an impala SS or a Caprice LTZ. a ls1 with out all the police crap. but awesome cars. and if get a 305 there still satisfying but if you need to perfect stop sign burnouts and perfect stay in first lauchs call me up.

I never noticed that in the 3 that I had. All of them though had good shocks and springs so that may have been a good thing. On all 3 of them I also had heavier duty springs in the back. The factory ones are very soft and allow the rear end to go down too much. Having 3 people in the back of these without heavy duty springs is enough to make it bottom out in certain conditions. I notice this same thing though on the Ford Crown vics too. I dont know though about the 1991 and later ones. Mine were a 1981 Caprice, 1979 Impala and currently a 1981 Bonneville.

Nope, it's only unique to 4-link coil spring suspended BOF cars with bad shocks. Small price to pay for the ownership experience of a B-body. (or other such vehicle)

BTW: After months of debating Me and Marica have finally decided to pursue buying a 94-96 B-body of some sort to replace the STS, a dark colored Caprice 9C1 would be first pick.

Dont like the STS? Though what you are looking for is a VERY good thing.

I'm considering buying a '91-'96 Roadmaster wagon or Caprice wagon. I just found a '95 Roadmaster wagon with 120,000 miles that's on sale at a used car lot for $2,995. It's blue with gray cloth and NO woodgrain :) . Both the body and interior are very clean for the year. What do you guys think? Are there any things I should look at when I test drive it?

Uh, tire smoke when you pin the gas pedal to the floorboard?

:CG_all:

Yes. I'm soooooooo over the whole STS experience. That car has it's pluses and minuses but I'm sick to death of mine. First the torn front end when Marcia hit a Badger, then the blown air ride, then I got rear ended and my asshole insurance company would not give me new tail lights even though they were all cracked and spider webbed in the corners & now some prick smashed my windshield while the car was parked at Sean's house.

I'm sick of it. The FWD, No* motor that goes through more oil than gasoline & hihg cost of ownership due to its retarded FWD configuration.

It's like you open the shop manual to find out how to replace a fuse, battery cable or headlight bulb and step one is always:

- Unbolt & drop Engine cradle, motor & trans. <_<

• 4 weeks later...

....AND what is wrong with a white one?

Posted Image

Wanna buy it? Make me an offer. Go to www.gofasst.us

Car of the month feature.

You're a little late...he went Japanese and bought a Q45.

Q45? Since when did they start making a 9C1 model?

:stupid: