SUBURBANS

Newbiewar

• 2 weeks later...

How many of the 150 tahoes you have left???

we probably have about 90 in inventory now, our 2007 stock numbers are up to about 170 now... so we've sold about 80 new tahoes already... maybe more

it sucks i just sold our last 06 suburban monday, and we dont have anything but used, and we dont have any new suburbans ariving for a week or two...

Sounds great. Can't wait to check one out, even though it should be pretty much identical to the Tahoes I've been in, just with some actual people and cargo room in the back.

Only thing is, we probably won't seriously consider replacing the '04 for at least a few more years, and even then, the transaction price will hopefully come down...like, for instance, we paid $30k even for our unusually loaded 2wd LS that had a sticker of $40k. With similar equipment, I'm guessing the sticker on a new '07, for example, would be right around $39-40k again, but without much discount. At that price, it's not worth it...even as much as I do love the materials, design, etc.

I'm thinking, maybe, '09 will be the year of replacement...maybe... :stupid:

Could you lemme know when the Avalanches come in?

Avalanche production starts on April 3, so it should be a couple of weeks after that for when the first lot models start popping up.

http://fleetnews.gmcanada.com/news_flash/e...shtml#TopOfPage

Mom WANTS one, apparently a lot more so than I knew. In between the time I was last home (mid January) and now, apparently her and my father have seen quite a few on the roads.

So, driving home from Philly yesterday in the '04 Burban (she was doing 93 on one stretch for a while, until either of us noticed... :rolleyes: ...SO smooth, even more so than I always remember), she started asking me about the new ones. "I've seen the new Tahoes and I LOVE them. Are the Suburbans out yet? What about the Yukon XL's? GM just bumped my GM card earnings up to $2k and sent me a special discount for the new '07s--figures, when I'm not in the market."

Before she got the Suburban, it was really a Yukon XL she wanted, but our dealer couldn't swap for the right one, so I guess that's the reason behind the interest in the GMC. After getting my car towed to the GM dealer today (long story...), my dad then was a little too willing to see the new Yukons and Tahoes, looking inside and underneath...thinks the Tahoe looks better, as do I, at least from the front.

So, after first not having much of a reaction to the pics I showed back in October, she apparently would trade her '04 that just turned over 30k yesterday for a new '07 in a heartbeat, if it was paid off.

Then saw a new '07 Bermuda Blue Tahoe LT turning around just down from the dealer, apparently fueling up for the new buyer, and she went "Oooh...look, there's one. I love them, but not that color. Give me a new white one."

Guess I know, for sure now, what the next main vehicle in the family stable will be...and I'm still going to guess an '09 again, like I had before. Hopefully, by then, they'll have sorted out a few options and things, and you'll be able to get the Power Liftgate on ALL LT's, and not just leather seated ones (DUMB)....because that's a MUST have, but only if with cloth seats.

This is why I've been saying that GM-Oshawa needs to divorce itself from Detroit and ally itself with Europe. With GM putting all its money into SUVs and trucks, Canada in general and the Toronto area in particular is getting crushed in the crossfire. GM will cease to exist in major Canadian markets within a few years if we don't start getting some product that WE can sell.

I doubt 70 Tahoes have been sold in all of Ontario yet, let a lone at one dealer! I undestand the Tahoe is an important vehicle for GM's profitability, and I certainly am happy for dealers in the States that are selling buckets of them, but in the Hinterland (where we are paying about $4 a gallon) and an LTZ Tahoe is nearly $70 grand and where Toyota is OUTSELLING all of GM in the Toronto area, we need segment busters that are fun to drive and great on gas. 20 mpg doesn't cut it if you are paying $100 to fill the tank!

Dealers in the GTA only average 50-60 TOTAL new vehicles a month! I understand that in the States many dealers sell that in a week. We haven't seen those numbers in 10 years.

Our sister Toyota store sells more vehicles on a weekend than we do in a month - and its only a few blocks away!

So pop the champagne corks and enjoy your sales, guys. Personally, I am waiting for the new Malibu (and it had better be the doozer that we are hearing it is) and the new minivan or cross-over or whatever it will be called, because that is what we sell up here in the Hinterland.

Just priced some out on KBB.com, and was suprised in a good way:

-For a new '07 Suburban 1500 2wd 1LT with all the same options/features as our '04, plus all the new stuff, and even the 20" polished wheels, the MSRP comes in at a couple hundred less than the '04 sticker.

-Same for a new '07 Yukon XL SLE, but just a little different option organization and one or two features, plus the 20's, and comes in lower than the Chevy...

This looks quite good...the only issue is that it'll probably be some time, if ever, before you could get one of these beauties with $39.5-40.5k MSRP for $30k even like we would pay...and did for the '04...

Well, that, and it'd be nice to have the 6-speed and also the Power Liftgate optional on ALL LT models, and not just the top drawer leather-lined ones...I could see keeping it off the LS, but some people do actually like all the features but not the leather ^_^

Just priced some out on KBB.com, and was suprised in a good way:

-For a new '07 Suburban 1500 2wd 1LT with all the same options/features as our '04, plus all the new stuff, and even the 20" polished wheels, the MSRP comes in at a couple hundred less than the '04 sticker.

-Same for a new '07 Yukon XL SLE, but just a little different option organization and one or two features, plus the 20's, and comes in lower than the Chevy...

This looks quite good...the only issue is that it'll probably be some time, if ever, before you could get one of these beauties with $39.5-40.5k MSRP for $30k even like we would pay...and did for the '04...

Well, that, and it'd be nice to have the 6-speed and also the Power Liftgate optional on ALL LT models, and not just the top drawer leather-lined ones...I could see keeping it off the LS, but some people do actually like all the features but not the leather ^_^

dont forget with the new pricing stratagy... there is less profit...

on an old suburban they had at least 4k in profit for a base model... now the LTZ's are lucky to get that much...

the LS's are more like $1700 or so...

so this is one reason the sticker price is similar is because the dealerships have msrp's near actual selling price

dont forget with the new pricing stratagy... there is less profit...

on an old suburban they had at least 4k in profit for a base model... now the LTZ's are lucky to get that much...

the LS's are more like $1700 or so...

so this is one reason the sticker price is similar is because the dealerships have msrp's near actual selling price

Precisely, which is a good thing. I don't think we'll ever again be able to sign on the line for right at $30k for a truck with the same options ours has (though I still think that is all they're worth, even an '07), but it is nice to know that at least the MSRP's aren't so inflated.

I guess we'll see over the next couple of years if anything changes that much, but I'd still say, based on the reaction my mother has had to seeing the new ones and wanting one, she'll definately replace the '04 with another.

Well, unless she's ready to downsize at that time instead...in which case, as I was almost shocked to hear, a VW of some sort might be in the rankings, according to what she's also said for a while. :rolleyes: