I was so upset Sunday

Well, you guessed it... Almost a year to the day that I bought my Focus ZX3 after totalling my Focus LX in that nasty 18 wheeler wreck, I have now destroyed the ZX3.

The FOG's record: 4 accidents in the past 6 years involving 4 different cars. NONE of them my fault.

I guess I have an imaginary target painted on my car or something. Hell, come to think of it, I've always dreamed of being in a demolition derby and I gues, in a way my dream has come true...LOL

So, here's the story. I'm home for the weekend from school becaue I alternate weekends between here and there. The last 3 times I've been home have not been pleasant, the first being my going away party where two of my good friends got in a fight in my girlfriends/neighbors house. The second being a scenario where my best friend (READ: this guy might as well be my brother, he is family) tried to OD on xanex (sp) and alcohol, and I had to call the medics. The third being when a friend of ours (Mine and Cavigirl--my girlfriend) got held down and kicked in the face and I had to drive her around all night filing charges and to the emergency room, then had to drive back here; 2 hours away. (Our friends really aren't that violent or volatile--it's just been a bad year so far--SURPRISE, SURPRISE)

So anyway, this weekend I'm pulling in to our local Ingle's grocery store (Like a Lowe's food or Food Lion) and it has the "blocks within the parking lot" streets with it's own stop signs and all. I see this guy in a Tracker coming up to the stop sign perpendicular to me (I didn't have a stop sign) Didn't think much of it, until I realized that he wasn't stopping. I then gunned the throttle to try and keep him from T-boning me but I wasn't fast enough. He caught me in the right rear quarter and spun me around 180 degrees into oncoming traffic.

I remained calm (Hell, after all, this isn't the first wreck I've lived through and it's a peach compared to the last 2) and got out of the car. I immediately noticed my back and neck tensing up. (He had obviously aggravated the injuries from last years wreck that I'm still in and out of P/T for) The Focus, which as far as I could tell wasn't totalled.

The guy who hit me (said his foot slipped off the brake and onto the throttle) turned out to be someone I had known for years. In fact, he was a groomsman along with me in one of my good friends weddings. He is a super nice guy and I'm glad we're both okay.

The car had roughly $3500 in damage according to my body shop; that includes the mechanical pieces and a wheel and tire. Then to top it all off the car sustained another $500 in damage when the tow truck guy ripped the front bumper off loading it onto the rollback.

So, needless to say, I'm pretty upset right now. Not angry as much as just stressed because I don't understand why this has happened to me...AGAIN!!! I'm a VERY cautious driver who takes IMMACULATE care of his vehicles even while driving. I'm much more responsible and generally AWARE than any of my friends.

To add insult to injury (Deja vue for those of you familiar with the Camry rental last year ehh?--exact same words in fact :D) I got an Altima as my rental...

Not a bad car... Not nearly as TERRIBLE as the Camry. The engine sounds rough but the power is excellent, the brakes are also excellent. But the interior sucks (and yes, it is a NEW Altima) the panels don't fit right on the steering wheel, it's generally boring and unsubstantial and EVERY aspect of the thing rattles with bass. It couldn't hold up to neither my Ill Nino CD nor my Johnny Cash CD (rattles like a snake on the baseline in "Cry, cry, cry") and that's just a few of the complaints.

The transmission seems awkward but the car rides VERY well and it sure as HELL doesn't handle curves like I'm used to. Of course, that's in comparison to my ZX3 which rides kinda rough but drives like a DREAM.

It's an okay car for an appliance and if it were a GM I'm sure they'd be reaping it's rewards right now. It has SOME style, just enough to make it 'handsome' but not beautiful or all that impressive IMO. It's just a good middle of the road car, much better than the Camry, IMO.

Anyway.... I go home for Spring Break in 2 weeks (I'll be home for 12 days) can't WAIT to see what happens then! (LOL)

Can you just keep us posted on your where-abouts so the rest of us can stay the hell away? Just kidding! Sorry to hear about your latest misadventure. Look at the bright side: metal can be replaced. There are many accidents where people don't walk away from them.. so if you look at this in the right way, you are fortunate.

well I'm glad you're okay. the physical therapy stuff sounds awful, not the therapy itself but the injuries you've sustained. I've been in and out of physical therapy for four years now stemming from several accidents I've had. not to be greedy, but get as much money as you can to seek treatment, go until long after you feel fully healed, symptoms can arise again without notice.

Wow FOG, you seem to have luck like mine.  :banghead:

One question: Do you have that roll of tape handy? :lol:

Yes I do :D

Can you just keep us posted on your where-abouts so the rest of us can stay the hell away? Just kidding!

:rotflmao:

Maybe I can install a GPS unit and post a link on the website...LOL.

Sorry to hear about your latest misadventure. Look at the bright side: metal can be replaced. There are many accidents where people don't walk away from them.. so if you look at this in the right way, you are fortunate.

Oh yeah, I'm thankful for that...

well I'm glad you're okay. the physical therapy stuff sounds awful, not the therapy itself but the injuries you've sustained. I've been in and out of physical therapy for four years now stemming from several accidents I've had. not to be greedy, but get as much money as you can to seek treatment, go until long after you feel fully healed, symptoms can arise again without notice.

I know... Unfortunately, not a week after I signed the release for the last accident I was back in therapy. Luckily I have good health insurance. Oh, and the injuries aren't severe--just more nagging than anything, so that's a good thing.

maybe it's cause you keep driving fords?

LOL.. Maybe.

My first two accidents were in a Chevrolet and a Toyota respectively though.

Ah, FOG....very sorry this happened to you yet again :(.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Then to top it all off the car sustained another $500 in damage when the tow truck guy ripped the front bumper off loading it onto the rollback.

Holy $h! Bro.. sorry to hear that. What's that saying? If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any at ALL.

Bummer :o:dizzy::(

Nissan is not as cool as GM but it beats the hell out of To-Yo-Dur.

Most importantly I hope your neck is okay. Cars caome and go but you only get one spinal cord. :unsure:

Oh, and one more thing, let's see some photos of the poor f@#kus.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Thanks for the compliment NOS :)

68: I don't know if I'll have a chance to get pix of the Focus wrecked or not. I'm back at school now and hopefully, by the time I get home, my body man will have worked his magic. :)

Since it's going to need new bumpers (front and rear) and one new side skirt I'm thinking about just ponying up the extra cash to put the SVT treatment on it.

It won't run like an SVT though (yet ;))

Oh, and NOS, I agree the Nissan isn't a bad car at all, just not my cup o' tea.

[trademark 68 tangent]

Looking at your avatar I'm wondering if you have seen Devil's Rejects yet? Even more twisted than House of a 1000 Corpses IMHO. :AH-HA_wink:

[trademark 68 tangent]

Looking at your avatar I'm wondering if you have seen Devil's Rejects yet? Even more twisted than House of a 1000 Corpses IMHO.  :AH-HA_wink:

Yes, I have. :D

"What's the matter kid? Don't ya like clowns?!?!?"

Personally, I liked House better because it is less of a slasher flick. Well, that and I'm a HUGE captain Spaulding fan.. LOL. The part on the DVD before the movie is ESPECIALLY funny!