Cory's Car Spotting.

I needed my own thread.

I was in Detroit again this weekend and saw even more cars than the last time. Pictures of some to follow, noted with (*).

Alfa Romeo 8C *

Aston Martin Lagonda *

Aston Martin Rapide * (!)

Aston Martin Virage

BMW M1

Buick Regal

Cadillac CTS coupe concept * (!)

Cadillac CTS-V coupe * (also watched a start up and take off by a GM engineer)

Chevy Corvette ZR1

Chevy Corvette Callaway C16 Supercharged

Chevy Corvette Callaway B2k Twin Turbo

Chevy Corvette Specter GTR

Chevy Corvette LMS Racer.

DeTomaso Pantera GTS

Ferrari California (start up)

Ferrari 458 Italia (!)

Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Ferrari 360 Modena

Ferrari 575 Superamerica

Ford Fiesta

Jaguar XJ

Jaguar E-Type (several)

Lotus Evora * (sat in)

Lotus Exige

Lotus Esprit GT

Lotus Europa

Lotus Elan

Maserati Merak

Mini Cooper * (several, drove one of the last ones made in Europe)

Morgan Aero Max * (1 of only 11 in the U.S. supposedly)

Noble M400 *

Porsche Panamera

Porsche Boxster Spyder

Porsche 356

Pontiac Solstice Mallet

Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85 LTD. Edition. *

Oh, and I also got intimate with a new GTI. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

Mmmm...CTS coupe and CTS-v coupe. Pointy.

Loving that Morgan Aeromax..haven't seen one in person..love the rear design.

I've only seen one Aston Martin Lagonda over the years...that was quite the radical design 30+ years ago, remember seeing it as a little kid in Road & Track.

Wait. Please tell me that's a lighting trick and those aren't YELLOW inserts in the CTS-V Coupe seats?!?!? Dear God that's tacky...

It's an option. It's carried over from the concept, it seems.

The beltline is too high over the rear wheel on the CTS coupe. There is just too much vertical space there. It makes the beefy rims look too small, and I know they aren't.

It's sex in person, especially the concept.

It's an option. It's carried over from the concept, it seems.

Dear God. It's going to be really hard for Cadillac to woo buyers from the Germans and Japanese when the taste level of GM's midwestern executives is so "pink-flamingo-meets-lawn-gnome chic."

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for increasing interior color options...but that yellow says "screaming chicken" more than it does "Standard of the World."

The beltline is too high over the rear wheel on the CTS coupe. There is just too much vertical space there. It makes the beefy rims look too small, and I know they aren't.

I would love to see GM chop three inches vertically out of the entire length of the vehicle. That alone would solve most of my design qualms with the Coupe.

The stance and wheels on the CTS Coupe Concept is pure awesomeness though.

Man I love Spykers...I see them all the time around here, surprisingly (or not). They are just so bizarre.

That Lagonda is hot, too.

As is the CTS coupe concept. Amazing how much better it looks than the production model, even though seemingly very little changed.

Cory has a RH front 3/4 shot of both the concept and production model posted, and you can see the difference. It appears the concept is proportioned differently in the problem area. It is slight, to my eye, but it is enough to cause a situation.

Cory has a RH front 3/4 shot of both the concept and production model posted, and you can see the difference. It appears the concept is proportioned differently in the problem area. It is slight, to my eye, but it is enough to cause a situation.

There are a bunch of slight differences. The concept is definitely much more attractive than the production version.