It's Always Catchy When You Sing About Rape

Apparently, there's a rapist in Linkin Park. I'm betting on the DJ or maybe dude who raps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-OqYZC1DA&feature=related

And, of course, the dudes who brought you Strutting Ass with Autotune and the Double Rainbow song turned it into this delightfully catchy tune that might just be Billboard Hot 100 material. Mr. Dodson might just have the raw talent to rival T-Pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, apparently, this ballooned into something utterly insane since I posted it here. It's reached number 3 on the iTunes R&B charts. I'll repeat that again, number 3.

That version is what the creators of the song put up for sale on iTunes.

There's also a bajillion covers. I think one guy was playing this on a fuckin' Japanese banjo or something.

I think this really makes a statement about the status of modern music (i.e. "you can be famous and never know what talent is").

Edited by whiteknight

I think this really makes a statement about the status of modern music (i.e. "you can be famous and never know what talent is").

Dear sir, I heartily reject your notion that this is not talent, and is in fact, a heartfelt plea to everyone in the world. Allow me to demonstrate.

By singing about hiding 'your kids' and 'your wife' from the rapist, the man in the video is conveying his frustration towards the poverty he's surrounded by; the rapist himself is being raped by society. Confronting the rapist through the lens, this man says he (the rapist) needs not confess, and addresses him as 'homeboy,' a sign of mutual brotherhood and that are both victims. But the singer's sadness and anger about his situation comes to a head when he boasts of the items left behind after the rape, sets of fingerprints and especially a T-Shirt. The T-Shirt is likely tattered, and stinking with sweat and Mad Dog, yet another metaphor for the projects that the singer dwells in. 'Climbing the Windows' is metaphor for climbing the social strata, however the rapist only shatters them after having climbed one level. Because of the impoverishment, and societal pressure, our rapist cannot escape his upbringing, and in his anger, shatters the window instead of continuing to climb. Finally, he closes his screed by claiming the rapist is 'really dumb' but this is mere posturing. For our singer must appear tough in the face of the media for that's how society and his peers tell him to act.

:P

• Agree 1

Dear sir, I heartily reject your notion that this is not talent, and is in fact, a heartfelt plea to everyone in the world. Allow me to demonstrate.

By singing about hiding 'your kids' and 'your wife' from the rapist, the man in the video is conveying his frustration towards the poverty he's surrounded by; the rapist himself is being raped by society. Confronting the rapist through the lens, this man says he (the rapist) needs not confess, and addresses him as 'homeboy,' a sign of mutual brotherhood and that are both victims. But the singer's sadness and anger about his situation comes to a head when he boasts of the items left behind after the rape, sets of fingerprints and especially a T-Shirt. The T-Shirt is likely tattered, and stinking with sweat and Mad Dog, yet another metaphor for the projects that the singer dwells in. 'Climbing the Windows' is metaphor for climbing the social strata, however the rapist only shatters them after having climbed one level. Because of the impoverishment, and societal pressure, our rapist cannot escape his upbringing, and in his anger, shatters the window instead of continuing to climb. Finally, he closes his screed by claiming the rapist is 'really dumb' but this is mere posturing. For our singer must appear tough in the face of the media for that's how society and his peers tell him to act.

Holy shit. Not even Bob Dylan can go this deep.

The 'musician' w/ the red do-rag looks like Lil' Wayne w/o the tats.

Really? I think the dude has some of the flamboyant vibe of Hendrix without the guitar skills.