CRUZE vs. VOLT

regfootball

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which car is more attractive, functional, and interesting design wise?

• Cruze
    • Volt

I am interested to know if the Volt design had been the Cruze, would you consider it more interesting, or functional, or desirable than the Cruze?

I am not at all bringing the hybrid into the question. If the Cruze had arrived with the Volt's styling (with obviously more interior space returned because of no battery) would the Cruze seemed more attractive?

I have to admit. On styling alone and with the hatchback, the Volt as a Cruze would have actually been the game changing small car for Chevy that is still the jury that will be out on the Cruze.

Please vote (volt) for your favorite.....

Edited by regfootball

Both have suffered from 5 years of teasers. The "future car" of 2010 is different than what the Volt or Cruze was when GM first started parading them.

I don't expect production to ever catch up with "the future", but it can do better than this. For better or worse, the 2nd gen Prius demonstrates that.

Actually the third gen Prius looks better IMHO than the first or second generation cars. The only thing I see wrong with the Cruze right now is pricing....a little more detail in the front end maybe...

But for what it is, I like both designs.

And I like the Volt styling MUCH better than the Prius...for sure...

Actually the third gen Prius looks better IMHO than the first or second generation cars. The only thing I see wrong with the Cruze right now is pricing....a little more detail in the front end maybe...

But for what it is, I like both designs.

And I like the Volt styling MUCH better than the Prius...for sure...

If we're going by how it looks, the Volt wins hands down, but in terms of functionality the fact that the Cruze can seat 5 eeks out a win.

If the Volts shape were on a non hybrid model....(cruze and volt share platforms to a degree) then the non hybrid 'Volt' would seat the same 5 in theoretically the same space. so the heart of my question was more about which design do you think would be more appealing to the market as chevy's mainstream compact.

there were some 2nd gen Saturn Ion sketches that went public before the broohaha and GM's crisis and I almost wonder if GM didn't salvage some elements of those 2nd gen Ion designs and give them to the Volt.

Edited by regfootball