MORE MID SEVENTIES BUICK LOVE

Still love seventies Buicks...

And while we are at it, I loved these GM tail gates...wonder how many wagons are still around with this feature still working....

More Wagon Love.... Edited by 66Stang

Clam shell gate was some kick-ass engineering- I've heard they were very reliable.

Friend's folks had a '76 Buick Estate wagon, while we had a '77 Safari. In truth, then I thought the '76 was rather bloated vs. the trim '77,

but later this so-called 'measure of space efficiency' was revealed as meaningless as it is.

Huge difference underhood tho- '76 455, still a TRQ monster, vs. a 135 HP Pontiac 301 2bbl.

My dads buddy had one of those pace cars. I loved that car.

The Wagon, there has never been a better Demo Derby car built. They are still a legend as they could have taken a building down as they were that solid.

I did hate having to try to fix the gates once they did break. By that time they cost more to fix than the car was worth.

I still remember the third seat in these cars as a kid.

I'm on a wagon fetish right now (some surprise here right?) and it's sad seeing those old seventies Mopars die...even if they are rusted hulks....

Around here, it's old Mopars with their tank-like unibodies that win derbies. They can run with no water for ages, too. Just too tough.

We had a guy at work you did the Demo circuit here in the mid west. HE was using Mopars till they were banned. They are now using the Crown Vic with Chevy Conversions in them. I never new how involved Demo Deby was. He had 5 cars he used in a rotation. I even saw him on Spike TV once. I thought these were just a one time county fair deal. These guys play serious.

He also said here in the mid west the Mopars do not always fair well if they unibody is rusted out. I know when I was wrenching on cars in school thier frame sections would often crush due to rust.

He said they could use the old wagons yet but they were just too hard to find.