2010 Hyundai Elantra BLUe

...JUST SAY NO..........

this one will be quick. 2010 Hyundai Elantra BLU 5 speed (no A/C)

HIGHS

peppy engine

light clutch

decent shifter

feeling of interior space (no claustrophobia)

convenient and simple climate control

decently quiet

nice armrest

handy window switches

decent interior space for the type of car

LOWS

sea of gray, swirling acres of death inspiring plastic

lower seat back dug into my back, seat was not shaped well

mouse fur

driving position is kind of like driving a bus or a Kia Rondo.

no radio (this could be positive if you want your own)

no A/C

steering wheel is so bulbous its like it's going to birth a baby in your lap. In fact the whole dash feels like you are swimming in a sea of fat women's hips.

steering wheel lacked adjustment

gauges you need to look down further than you should..

uninspiring rental car drive and feel

cheap console area and brake handle

shift throws are long and hard to find.

bland design

you don't want to be there

you want to stick a knife in your eye its so dull and lifeless

you feel yourself leave your body and levitating outside of the car you want to get out so much

SUMMARY

Just don't. Unless you really are that soulless of a person that this gets you off. The spunky smooth engine was the high point. It didn't lack power. Everything else about the car has been surpassed. The new Cruze is wayyyyy better. I even was glad to get back in my Cobalt when I was done. How is that?

Fortunately the car has a value quotient and can be a good buy. To some folks this is nirvana. The value, space, and engine / clutch shifter rescue it from a D, I give it a

C-

• Disagree 1

This was the old version of the Elantra? Did they have the new one?

yeah, 2010, he said in about a week the 2011's (all new design) come in.

but i guess there are deep discounts on the 2010's.

yeah well no thanks. if the corolla is like this, i don't wanna get close to one of those either!

Edited by regfootball

The 2010 and earlier Elantra is a great value, for many, with rebates and low financing.

But look at it or sit in it next to a new 2011 or a lot of other small cars, and it proclaims "rental" in a big way. A customer I had test drive a new 3, the Elantra, the Tucson and the Focus liked the price/features of the Elantra a lot, then inside he said "rental" and ruled it out unless it really came down to just numbers.

Now the 2011 is here and well...yeah. Shocking, completely different vehicle.

I love the new exterior on the 2011, but the interior still looks like seas of gray.

The mpg is a huge draw on the new one.

All I can say, I still would much rather be in my Cobalt than a 2010 Elantra! That says volumes! Lancer is much more pleasant car than the Elantra.

It's seems to me that it's becoming clear that Focus is the one to wait for. I was pricing the Focus on line though, it's got wheel of fortune pricing too.

Edited by regfootball

I love the new exterior on the 2011, but the interior still looks like seas of gray.

All I can say, I still would much rather be in my Cobalt than a 2010 Elantra! That says volumes! Lancer is much more pleasant car than the Elantra.

It's seems to me that it's becoming clear that Focus is the one to wait for. I was pricing the Focus on line though, it's got wheel of fortune pricing too.

I saw the '12 Focus sedan at the auto show last weekend...looks to be pretty nicely done..saw the '11 Elantra and Cruze also.

The outside is pretty good...

what's your fave?

wasn't the 010 version of Elantra consumer reports top small car?

The Focus was up on a podium, couldn't sit in it or get up close, like styling overall...sat in the Elantra and Cruze, thought the Cruze seemed very well put together inside and out..seemed solid. I don't really care for the styling direction Hyundai is going, the Kias look better to me.

Speaking of Hyundais, sat in the Equus...a bit overwrought and blingy inside and out, but audacious for them.

The cars I kept going back to were the '11 Grand Cherokee, Wrangler Unlimited, '10 Challenger R/T 'Mopar' edition (black w/ blue stripes, black wheels), and the Taurus SHO (white w/ a sweet two tone interior w/ Alacantra seat inserts... the Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca on a podium was great also...

The Chrysler 200 looked pretty good inside and out, but still too much Sebring in the doors and roof. :( The new Durango looked great.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

post-16-0-80124200-1291580045.jpg

those white SHOs are nice......the SHO needs to lose the fender vents and the chrome all around and get meaner looking. word is that is on the way.

The Focus was up on a podium, couldn't sit in it or get up close, like styling overall...sat in the Elantra and Cruze, thought the Cruze seemed very well put together inside and out..seemed solid. I don't really care for the styling direction Hyundai is going, the Kias look better to me.

Speaking of Hyundais, sat in the Equus...a bit overwrought and blingy inside and out, but audacious for them.

The cars I kept going back to were the '11 Grand Cherokee, Wrangler Unlimited, '10 Challenger R/T 'Mopar' edition (black w/ blue stripes, black wheels), and the Taurus SHO (white w/ a sweet two tone interior w/ Alacantra seat inserts... the Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca on a podium was great also...

The Chrysler 200 looked pretty good inside and out, but still too much Sebring in the doors and roof. :( The new Durango looked great.

Edited by regfootball

post-16-0-80124200-1291580045.jpg

those white SHOs are nice......the SHO needs to lose the fender vents and the chrome all around and get meaner looking. word is that is on the way.

Ya, though I like it way it is now...very much the sleeper...people can't tell it from a regular SEL or Limited unless they know the difference..