Why don't they make Concept Cars like this anymore?

Hudson

Would like to kno what specifically appeals to you on this one (not that it doesn't have lots of appeal- just looking to see where you're coming in on this one).

I think it's the simple beauty of it. Nothing overwrought...just a good looking car stripped of anything to detract from it. It's pretty...not a great car, but artfully done.

You?

Here's four of my top 10 favorite concepts from GM.

gmconcepts19382002.jpg

I think it's the simple beauty of it. Nothing overwrought...just a good looking car stripped of anything to detract from it. It's pretty...not a great car, but artfully done.

You?

Granted & agreed. A stripped-down, purposeful statement. A bunch of the '60s concepts fell into this category IMO : '63 Silver Arrow, '61 Corvair Sebring Spyder, '62 X-400, '63 X-400... clean, different yet understated, and purposeful.

'64 Hemi Charger is an oft-overlooked exercise. IIRC, it was restored using 426 Hemi block #1. Nice pick.

Granted & agreed. A stripped-down, purposeful statement. A bunch of the '60s concepts fell into this category IMO : '63 Silver Arrow, '61 Corvair Sebring Spyder, '62 X-400, '63 X-400... clean, different yet understated, and purposeful.

'64 Hemi Charger is an oft-overlooked exercise. IIRC, it was restored using 426 Hemi block #1. Nice pick.

I agree on your cars, but...

you didn't read the article, did you?

I know this car fairly well, but no I didn't... so I just did; twice. I didn't learn anything new aside from the bit it was intended to intro the 426 but ended up being built with a 383.

I still recall reading that Bortz located street 426 Hemi block #0001, and that's the one in it now.

What did I miss?

I do like the looks of the AUDI.

It def. looks like a hardtop. Then again so were the Camaro & Challenger concepts. :(

Balth: did you notice that the champagne metallic '64 Pontiac Banshee coupe concept went through RM auctions recently?

It did not sell but the highest bid was $325,000.

I noticed it in the list after someone posted the link on B-59.com because a '59 Buick E225 ragtop sold for $88,000

http://www.rmauctions.com/AuctionResults.cfm?SaleCode=AM10&SortBy=AL&View=Normal&Category=Cars&Currency=USD&tempstartrow=76&currentpage=4&Collection=