FLEET / RENTAL CARS...

Reg,

I used Hertz while in Las Vegas last weekend. I could have had a Taurus but asked for their GMs. It seems that EVERYtime I go to LV, I get a Grand Prix. And if Hertz has them, you bet they abound at Alamo/National and at Avis.

I also saw a lot of Impalas and Malibus all around the city with the rental agency bar code stickers.

Incidentally, there were a handful of LaCrosses at Hertz. They all indicate a dual tailpipe meaning CXS with 3.6 VVT V6 and leather....and leather in Las Vegas is a big NO THANK YOU. The LaX CXSs are always in the premium category.

My buddy who rents cars for work a lot

Slightly off topic, but if you don't mind answering, what does your buddy do for a living?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"You better not try to stand in my way" ... J Paycheck ... 'Take This Job & Shove It'

Slightly off topic, but if you don't mind answering, what does your buddy do for a living?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"You better not try to stand in my way" ... J Paycheck ... 'Take This Job & Shove It'

in the banking and insurance industry as a technology manager for support staff and agents. travels a lot.

good thing he loves GM. in the last 6 months he's had Malibus, Impalas, A monte, a caddy srx, a century, i can't recall if he's had a G6.

Edited by regfootball

in the banking and insurance industry as a technology manager for support staff and agents.  travels a lot.

Dangumit ... another job I don't believe I'd be qualifed for :(. Heh...go figure ... I want a job where I'd be traveling a lot ... but I'm not qualified for the ones that seem to travel a lot....

*sighs*

One of these days ;).

Enterprise has by far the most diverse fleet. While having our Bimmer serviced, we've gotten a Maxima, Avalon, S40, Sebring cabrio, Grand Am, Stratus, and X3, and I've seen Enterprise plate frames on Priuses, MINIs, HHRs, and Jettas.

Edited by empowah

Lots of Sonata rentals. I mean lots. Altimas, too, and most of the Mazda5s have seen have been rentals.

i read yesterday how 30% of sonata sales are to fleets now.

every day i drive by the Hertz. today they had a camry, seinna, sonata and corolla all outside. there's always cmary's and corollas outside.

I don't see many rentals around here, but Enterprise usually has either Nissans, Hyundias, or Pontiacs in the lot (but only like 10 cars).

Anyways, my Calculus teacher doesn't own a car but rather rents them for like a month. His friend is a manager or something at a car rental place and I guess he gets a really good price on them, making it cheaper than buying a car. He usually either has a G6, Grand Prix, or Maxx and says he likes the GP best.