Chevy Mulling 4-Cylinder 'Vette

Posted ImageChevy Mulling 4-Cylinder 'Vette

April 1, 2006 | CheersandGears.com

In an attempt to lure environmentally-conscious consumers to the Corvette line, Chevy will unveil a 4-cylinder variant of it's iconic sportscar. Debuting at the New York International Auto Show this month, the entry-level 'Vette will feature a 1.6-liter inline-four producing the same 103 horsepower and 107 lb-ft of torque as in the Aveo. Arriving on the heels of the foolishly inefficient Z06, 4-cylinder models will achieve EPA ratings in the mid thirties. Likely dubbed Corvette LS, buyers will choose from either a standard 4-speed automatic or a sportier 5-speed manual. While pricing has yet to be released, expect LS models (outfitted in cloth upholstery and featuring 15" aluminum wheels) to MSRP in the mid teens.

Bottom Line: Chevy finally makes fuel-economy a priority with the latest addition to the Corvette lineup. Prius buyers seeking a more-engaging alternative? Look no further.

Posted Image

No one shuld ever have a Camry in theior sig... ever. Even as a joke.

Shame on you GM1. :P :AH-HA_wink:

Posted Image

I'm gettinmg mine in White Diamond and with the Cobalt SS-SC's rear

decklid spoiler and Wal*Mart spinner hubcaps. Reck-o-nize!

Yeah... well, my GA'll waste that sonuva bitch... even with the engine all torn apart. FWD N-bodies without engines rule, brotha! Can't beat 'em, can ya? Didn't think so, my homies. Yeah... suck on that. Huh! :lol::D

An Epsilon with a sixty degree V6 will take that meager exploded Quad4 N-body out cleanly :D

Edited by ToniCipriani

pure lead body brings the curb wieght around 2.5 tons. so expect 48lbs/ per horse. lol

Edited by capriceman

if you think about it if they could fit a 5.3 let alone a ls2 in a small sports car like this and have it in the teens it would sell huge then to make BV happy they will badge it and make a Fire-oh BV and it'll cost one Honda quad and a rear passenger green door off a GAGT SEDAN.

*Update*

Restyling has been imagined and this test mule was spotted in full production guise on GM's proving grounds. Final results on performance figures are yet to be determined until the 4-cylinder rumored to appear under the hood is announced.

I'd

hit

it

baaad.

Posted Image