Cover your bases

ocnblu

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/drBYWdKDCfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pontiac is gone and I will always have a diminished enthusiasm for GM because of that. But Buick remains, and it is high time they took up some of Pontiac's slack in the hierarchy. A modern Regal GS coupe might ease a bit of pain... even if it is wrong wheel drive.

Edited by ocnblu

• 1 month later...

:lol: @ Thorogood's accented voiceover.

Camino- I know exactly where you are on this, but if that GTC concept came over as a Buick with circa 300 HP, I think a LOT of current buyers would be majorly swayed.

I agree, and it's far more attractive than the Insignia sedan. Off hand, I'm not sure what the take rate was on G6 coupes, but this would provide a nice place for people who want a midsized coupe.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iIAXZjBQNlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Think of it in deep, non-metallic black. :idhitit:

Remember when you stopped talking to me because I said Pontiac was going to die and Opel would live? There was a time anyone would type Opel and you would have a hissy fit, my how times have changed with you ... :smilewide:

I still do not miss Pontiac for what it was at the end but I do miss it for what it could have been if GM was much stronger.

All I want is a good quality world class performance cars and I could care less what the brand name is on it as long as it is a GM car. I see Holden and Opel as the keys to help make GM in North America the company it should be. With the merging of all the best of GM world wide they can now make the cars they should have made years ago. Just look at how often we got short changed because GM never would work as one in the past.

My only hope is Buick get to share the best of Opel here with their own twist on things as well as Chevy using Holden work here as it should. Too many good cars GM is making else where that we should have had years ago.

But this is also a two way street. Opel and Holden will share the best we have to offer too. Where would Holden be with out the LS engine?

GM will be stronger in the future as one company vs many.