2006 Impala Help

Greetings,

I am Chester i am writing you today as I have a problem with my 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS. I am hoping you can help me solve my problem in a way that does not cost much money as I hate paying high prices at the mechanic when I can fix it in my garage. Recently, my automobile began making the reminder noise at random times it has now become almost a constant sound while I am driving. Usually, turning up the radio is a good enough solution for me now the noise almost never stops. The sound is like the sound when the car door is open or when you forget to fasten your safety belt.

Thank you for any email back

if it's doors... i don't know where the triggers for those are, but you can turn the car to on and open and close each door to see if it's those...

with the ignition on. play with the seat belts see if it has a faulty position.

Do you're interior lights come on when it makes the noise?

If so, check the door jams for the little buttons/switches that detect the door being open. If they loosen up and fall into the body, or if the connector wire inside grounds out, the car will think the door is open.

That and the seatbelt thing Olds mentioned are the only things off hand I can think of. Most tones are going to be accompanied by some other warning.

Do your lights dim when this is happening? Perhaps clean your battery connections and check your voltage. Maybe you're browning out and its causing the chimes module to act up. It could lead into the electrical trilogy of terror... battery, cables, alternator.

Edited by SAmadei

My Impala beeps randomly if you drive around with really low washer fluid... also see if there is a message on the driver info center about anything, perhaps an airbag service message. Also beeps. The sensor in the passenger seat could also be messed up and detecting weight in the seat. It also beeps if you drive around with a passenger who isn't buckled.

My Impala beeps randomly if you drive around with really low washer fluid... also see if there is a message on the driver info center about anything, perhaps an airbag service message. Also beeps. The sensor in the passenger seat could also be messed up and detecting weight in the seat. It also beeps if you drive around with a passenger who isn't buckled.

That's true... I couldn't drive around with my briefcase on the passenger seat for that reason in newer cars.

That's true... I couldn't drive around with my briefcase on the passenger seat for that reason in newer cars.

hah! the CTS-V would warn me if my cell phone was in the front seat and unbuckled

It's probably just as well, lest it become a projectile in an impact... I just tuck mine behind the drivers seat when I drive.

Shoot. All of this technology in cars these days. I had no idea that this one noise in my car could be created by all sorts of gizmos. I have decided that I need to let my son in law handle this technology issue. He is much better at dealing with computer issues. I will let you know here if anybody was right.

Shoot. All of this technology in cars these days. I had no idea that this one noise in my car could be created by all sorts of gizmos. I have decided that I need to let my son in law handle this technology issue. He is much better at dealing with computer issues. I will let you know here if anybody was right.

Cheaper than a mechanic that's for sure.