Buick fans vs. LA Times

buickguy

As some of you may know, the LA Times recently published a piece about Buick and its future. The author made several mistakes, including that Buick was founded by William Durant. The Times ran a correction yesterday.

The article was a slam to the future of Buick, and the author did not use a SINGLE Buick owner. He did not write about how Buick outsells Acura, Infiniti, Jaguar, Cadillac, Saturn, Saab, Mercury, etc and beats them in quality surveys.

If you are a Buick owner or a fan, and are upset about this article, please write to the LA Times auto editor Barry Stavro: barry.stavrolatimes.com

You can also contact the Buick spokesman David Darovitz to encourage him to speak out: [email protected]

I will be writing mine today!

Do you really expect them to be honest or in favor of Buick? I’m not. All they are doing is baiting GM in hopes the company will make another big stink about it and they can get national attention again.

A desperate move to stay in the spotlight.

They need to face the music; print news is going to be dead in about 10 years. They are trying hard to stay relevant when people can get the days news the way they want it on the Internet.

if you can write e-mails as evenhanded and eloquent as your first post then you might win some headway and at least get published. be clear in your message and speak in truth. mentioning buick outsells brands like acura, jaguar or cadillac makes no sense since those brands' cars have much higher profit margins to begin with. the whole point is Buick is damaged, and mentioning they sell 20k more cars than certain brands at prices that are tens of thousands cheaper isn't going to get you anywhere. be clear in what you are asking of them---leverage and to report the whole story--there are many negatives but there are positives to the buick story too

Love the BattleStar Galactica clip in your Avatar, Cadillacfan. :)

Buickguy, can you post a copy of your letter/email?

Thanks.. You're the second person who noticed it.

I think there are a lot of closeted BSG fans on these boards who aren't brave enough to admit they know what it is. Come out I say!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad he responded, that's really cool!

But aside from him mentioning we're ahead of Audi twice the article does come across as written by one of my high school students writing a persuasive essay. He doesn't make it sound too convincing and it's not that he can't, it's just that he didn't take the time on the article he should've. If people really wanted to see a combat article of the Times that one seems weak.

But at least he did a response. I'm not like genuinely upset at the article, just seeing room for improvement.

As some of you may know, the LA Times recently published a piece about Buick and its future. The author made several mistakes, including that Buick was founded by William Durant. The Times ran a correction yesterday.

The article was a slam to the future of Buick, and the author did not use a SINGLE Buick owner. He did not write about how Buick outsells Acura, Infiniti, Jaguar, Cadillac, Saturn, Saab, Mercury, etc and beats them in quality surveys.

If you are a Buick owner or a fan, and are upset about this article, please write to the LA Times auto editor Barry Stavro: barry.stavrolatimes.com

You can also contact the Buick spokesman David Darovitz to encourage him to speak out:  [email protected]

I will be writing mine today!

Los Angeles Times = One of what I call the "Big Three" of the liberal media (New York Times and Washington Post being the other two. Liberal media = against American big business. So it's no surprise to me that they would bash GM and/or one of its brands.

Guest flowmotion

The article was a slam to the future of Buick, and the author did not use a SINGLE Buick owner.

Probably couldn't find one in the LA area. (I'm not joking.)

He did not write about how Buick outsells Acura, Infiniti, Jaguar, Cadillac, Saturn, Saab, Mercury, etc and beats them in quality surveys.

I don't believe Buick outsells any of those makes in Southern California. Perhaps Mercury. Edited by flowmotion

Los Angeles Times = One of what I call the "Big Three" of the liberal media (New York Times and Washington Post being the other two.  Liberal media = against American big business.  So it's no surprise to me that they would bash GM and/or one of its brands.

Don't be so quick. Check out the Wash Post and NYTimes review on the other thread. They're some of the greatest reviews of the Lucerne yet!