Lucky, No More...

If you caught on right away... my dog Lucky died. He's been struggling for the past few days and he finally couldn't hold on any longer. You know... I'm mixed, as far as emotions. I'm devastated that he's gone, yet I'm angry. Mostly at my parents for only contributing to his death. They refused to take him to a vet saying that they couldn't afford it. I mean... what if it were me? Would they not be able to afford it then, either? Come on... He was my dog and I loved him. Wasn't that enough? They said this for a long, long time saying that there was nothing to be done and that he couldn't be saved. That was over 5 f@#king months ago. What's their excuse. I just wish I had enough money to have had been able to take him a vet. As I said in another thread, my aunt's dog died about a week ago. My Grandma took off work early saying that she had a family emergency. She says to my aunt that she didn't tell them it was a dog. My aunt says dogs are family. I wish my parents would realize that... ofcourse, if it was our other dog, Harley, it'd probably be different. That's their favorite. They always treated Lucky like $h!. Kicking, beating him for no reason... while I was the only one that would stand up for the poor dog. They kicked him out of the house, too, which caused alot of the problems he had these past 5 months. I could have killed them for doing that and I could do it now. I'm probably taking my anger out on something that doesn't matter... but, my dog is gone and I'm devastated. :(

RIP Lucky... 10 years was too early for you to die.

thats sad man.

I always take car of my pets good but if it cost more than $300 i feel that its not worth it. I never treat pets bad or anything its just that i dont consider them as family and thats why my pets are fish.

But im sry i do agree they should of at least seen if it was affordable to help poor lucky, but 10 years is long for a dog.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, and even more sorry to hear how he was treated. It's tough losing a dog...we had to put my dog down a couple summers ago due to health problems, but he lived a long life...3 months short of 17 years.

At least you treated him well...that probably meant a lot to him. Did your parents show any remorse over his death? I don't really know what to tell you...they are you parents. I guess if my parents had been like that to my dog, I would've let them know strongly with words how I felt about it. I don't like to see animals get picked on when they can't defend themselves.

But anyway, keep Lucky in your thoughts and don't forget him. I'm sure he's happy wherever he is right now.

But im sry i do agree they should of at least seen if it was affordable to help poor lucky, but 10 years is long for a dog.

Not when he was perfectly happy and healthy just 10 months ago.

At least you treated him well...that probably meant a lot to him.  Did your parents show any remorse over his death?  I don't really know what to tell you...they are you parents.  I guess if my parents had been like that to my dog, I would've let them know strongly with words how I felt about it.  I don't like to see animals get picked on when they can't defend themselves.

But anyway, keep Lucky in your thoughts and don't forget him.  I'm sure he's happy wherever he is right now.

No, they didn't. I came home and they're like "Lucky died... we burried him up in the woods". No remorse for him or how I would have felt about it. I'd let them know, but I honestly don't feel like talking to them anything soon. For all I know, they could have put him down themselves... But my emotions will eventually get the best of me in the worst way and they'll get to experience it.

Thanks for the kind words, though, from everybody...

I am so sorry, Cory. Dogs give us a level of companionship that people have a hard time replciating. Take solace in the fact that, for ten years, he had in you a companion who loved him dearly. He is in a better place now, free of pain and suffering.

I know you're upset now, so it may be hard to see reality. Vet visits are expensive, usually ridiculously so. I know this from experience. Most visits end up costing me $300, and this is for routine maintenance...shots, teeth cleaning, etc. Walking in the door is a $60 minimum. If a dog needs an operation it's not out of the realm of possibility to have it cost four figures. Dog medication isn't cheap either. So your parents may not have been off base in telling you that they couldn't afford to fix Lucky. And even if they did bring him to the vet, his quality of life had no guarantees of getting better.

But my emotions will eventually get the best of me in the worst way and they'll get to experience it.

Thanks for the kind words, though, from everybody...

Vipes, please don't do anything crazy. I know it probably hurts like hell...but just take some time to chill and get a clear head. Don't let your emotions take hold of your good judgement...

Not when he was perfectly happy and healthy just 10 months ago.

My dog was, too, but she went at 7. :(

I'm sorry this even occurred, though. I know how tough it is first hand.

But my emotions will eventually get the best of me in the worst way and they'll get to experience it.

Watch yourself, bv. I've thought this way too, but you've just got to take everything with a grain of salt and appreciate the little things in life. This will eventually make you more care free, but not careless. Please use good judgement, Cory. Edited by NOS2006

BV,

Very sorry about your dog. Thoughts/prayers coming your way.

Course, I'm a bit disturbed at how your parents treated your dog.... Aye...I cannot imagine treating a dog or cat or any type of pet in that manner...arg.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Who's gonna hold me tonight?" ... Trace Adkins ... 'Help Me Understand'

That's tough, Vipes. I'm sorry.

Today I was at the office and another architect at work brought in this big black standard poodle. She's a gas. She's nuts about me because I will chase her around the office and roughhouse with her. On some many levels, they're better than people, aren't they?

The time will come for another one. A lot of people do opt out when it comes to vet bills since they aren't humans, the bills can be extremely expensive and there's no insurance to cover them. Still, it's a tough pill to swallow. Chin up.

Sorry to hear about your dog, BV. That's a sad account. It's amazing that such creatures can offer so much and yet ask for so little. Dogs can be expensive to maintain, but when you consider the amount of joy they offer, they are a bargain.

Wow... that sucks. Sorry Bro. :(