Mondays don't have to suck completely..

DSC00192-vi.jpg

This is sitting in my driveway tonight. Long story, but it's been a very eventful Monday to say the least. I think I have to take a road trip this weekend.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Nice caddy!

It's mine for the next week...(rental).

Today made 33 days I'd worked straight. A deathmarch at work where I was putting in 80 hr weeks...at least I got paid well for each hour. Today was looking to be an awful Monday---my Jeep wouldn't start so I drove my sister's '91 Merc 300CE...only to discover the A/C doesn't work. Not so good in AZ. At work I was afraid I was going to get sacked (as contractors come and go all the time, and this website and application has gone live a week late at great expense to the client-$1m/per day), but no, my manager and sr. manager were worried we were all burnt out at the end of the project--my part was done--so I get a new project to lead with much less work and much better timelines for the next 2 months. Woo hoo.

While driving home (at 3 instead of my usual 8 or midnight), the exhaust fell off the Mercedes. Stranded in a mall parking lot in 108 degree temps for 45 min waiting for the tow truck to come to haul me to the Benz shop. Called Enterprise and rented a car.

Got to Enterprise at 5, decided to see what I could upgrade from an Impala to...they had this sweet STS on the lot...enjoying it so far.

I'm taking the rest of the week off...maybe drive over to San Diego or LA for the weekend.

Wow... White Diamond Elegance FTW.

Is it NorthStar powered?

Wow... White Diamond Elegance FTW.

Is it NorthStar powered?

V6...no N* for 2011 in the STS, IIRC.

I didn't make to So Cal this weekend...family stuff to do in AZ, but managed to rack up over 500 miles the last two days up in Northern AZ....got to take it back tommorow. :(

Not keeping it?

The Jeep and Merc have been repaired, so the Caddy goes back to Enterprise tommorow..back to normal.

80 hour weeks...ouch!

I hate overtime, esp. when it's due to management incompetence and poor project planning...don't remember much of July. At least I got paid for every hour and I'm back to normal 40 hr work weeks this coming week..