Wagoner was ready to resign

Guest buickman

As auditors for Parmalat and Adelphia, Deloitte was guilty of a dereliction of duty and failed to properly protect the shareholders from fraud.

"Parmalat discloses an account in the Cayman Islands supposedly worth nearly $5 Billion is fake"

New York Times

After Mr Wagoner answered that Deloitte has been our auditors for 70 years, my suggestion at the Annual Meeting was to "rotate the audit company every three years". Although this would not serve as a cure all to the issue of discovering and correcting fraud and corruption at General Motors, it is a logical first step, and would at least provide the appearance of an arm's length relationship.

Not surprisingly, Mr. Wagoner replied, "thank you Mr. Dollinger" and did nothing.

Buickman

As auditors for Parmalat and Adelphia, Deloitte was guilty of a dereliction of duty and failed to properly protect the shareholders from fraud.

"Parmalat discloses an account in the Cayman Islands supposedly worth nearly $5 Billion is fake"

New York Times

After Mr Wagoner answered that Deloitte has been our auditors for 70 years, my suggestion at the Annual Meeting was to "rotate the audit company every three years". Although this would not serve as a cure all to the issue of discovering and correcting fraud and corruption at General Motors, it is a logical first step, and would at least provide the appearance of an arm's length relationship.

Not surprisingly, Mr. Wagoner replied, "thank you Mr. Dollinger" and did nothing.

Buickman

you know mr dollinger... i like you... i've always liked you, hell i even got you on my cell phone... but people like Paul Revere, George Washington, are tried for treason if they fail in their attempts to change the minds of the world... if wagoner stays and GM returns to profitablity, your word will be useless and the name Dollinger will go down in the history books as a bad name... dont say things you cant take back... and on the sales floor we do our best not to burn our customers, and i'm getting the feeling that your starting to burn your bridges... your focusing on the percived problem and not the solution... you gained accountablity because of your plan, you lost it all by accusing our CEO of falsehoods and misdirection...

Guest buickman

My friend, I didn't burn a bridge, I blew that mother up! Rick isn't interested in anything that improves sales as that would prevent his carrying out the destruction of the UAW, moving offshore, squeezing dealers out of existence and owning distribution. I am not worried in the least about this man ever turning GM around. He's a bigger criminal than Ken Lay or Bernie Ebbers and I stand by that statement. Time for Americans to Wake Up! Can you even believe the conversation that bankruptcy might be a good thing? Can't you see that under Wagoner we lost Olds and spun GMAC? How blind can people be? FIFTY BILLION in shareholder value GONE since he became CEO? And he deserves more time??? The man is a cancer. If you love GM, pray for his removal before it's too late.

Buickman

Edited by buickman

My friend, I didn't burn a bridge, I blew that mother up! Rick isn't interested in anything that improves sales as that would prevent his carrying out the destruction of the UAW, moving offshore, squeezing dealers out of existence and owning distribution. I am not worried in the least about this man ever turning GM around. He's a bigger criminal than Ken Lay or Bernie Ebbers and I stand by that statement. Time for Americans to Wake Up! Can you even believe the conversation that bankruptcy might be a good thing? Can't you see that under Wagoner we lost Olds and spun GMAC? How blind can people be? FIFTY BILLION in shareholder value GONE since he became CEO? And he deserves more time??? The man is a cancer. If you love GM, pray for his removal before it's too late.

Buickman

Or maybe we'll all get lucky and GM will sue you for infringing on one of their trademarks and using it without permission...you know "Buick."

Not related but,

"I will laugh when the day america is to be caught off guard and asks it's industry to help and it will reply with "NO, you didnt help us out why should we help you?" And then say kindly "go ask Asia to build your tanks and weapons!"

Where's the govt? they should help there own industry you cant have a ALL Bussiness country with out a Steal industry or manufactoring industry (wether it be cars or tin cans).

plus America and Canada combined have the most corn crop than almost all of the other country's combined.

Not related but,

"I will laugh when the day america is to be caught off guard and asks it's industry to help and it will reply with "NO, you didnt help us out why should we help you?" And then say kindly "go ask Asia to build your tanks and weapons!"

Where's the govt? they should help there own industry you cant have a ALL Bussiness country with out a Steal industry or manufactoring industry (wether it be cars or tin cans).

plus America and Canada combined have the most corn crop than almost all of the other country's combined.

but given aid from the government is so easy... like they say, the best habbits are learned in the worse times...

once, or if GM returns to profitablity, it would be nice to see USA help in bailing out the retires or something...

Buickman

Buickman,

I have a very simple question for you.

What has Rick Wagoner done right?

Guest buickman

I would say investing in China to the degree he has will yield long term benefits. Hiring Lutz was what impressed me the most. That showed he was willing to put the company's interest in front of his ego. Personally I don't think Lutz has accomplished all that much but he did fill a vaccuum in the leadership department. No one is all bad and I have heard that Mr Wagoner is an excellent family man. Again, I take issue for his influence on LaNeve's agreement with me. Most of all though it's his record as head of the company that drives my campaign to unseat him. It's really nothing personal, just business.

Buickman