stang, Car and Driver says the Mitsubishi kicks Miata tail.......

regfootball

Actually, having actually experienced BOTH vehicles in anger...and personally outrun a modified current gen EVO in a dead stock 1995 Miata of my friend Sean....all I can say is...

The article is correct, and one of the best written automotive articles I've read in awhile. The Evo does out handle the Miata, no questions asked...

The current gen (NC) Miata needs spring and shock work to make it what it should be...so many older people are buying Miatas right now that Mazda had to dumb down the handling a bit to keep the car marketable.

Now a Third gen Miata with the Fly'n Miata suspension bits...incredible. We've got a car in the club set up that way...it takes 15 MPH turns at 55 MPH without even sqeeling the tires....

Notice how many cars the MIata beat....

And that they do pan the Lancer for being built on a 15 K crappy compact in the article...

Thanks for the ribbing Reg...

And actually, I've kind of started to think the Aztec is a heck of a lot better looking than the Acura and BMW attempts at the same....

Evo is ugly but fast...to me I enjoy other cars better.

Of the cars in the test...I want the JCW MINI the most, even though it placed 5th in the test.

One thing the test got right...modern 5.0 Mustang has zero Feedback at speed...guy had one to our last autocross...finding the limit in that car is like finding the logic in the posts over at Toyota Nation...about impossible...

is the MR Evo that much different than other EVO's?

Some evo's are manual, some are autotrajic...hard to see how Mitsu, already loosing their a$$ financially in the US would spend the $ to federalize two versions of a very low volume car.

VW is going to loose a fortune on every Golf type R they sell here. . as a result of federalization costs...just like they lost big bucks on both versions of the R32.

Even BMW doesn't federalize two versions of the M version of the one series...