MotorAuthority drives the Verano

vonVeezelsnider

Review can be found here:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1067591_2012-buick-verano-first-drive

If you blow up the images on the 2nd page gallery and look closely you will get a few good pictures of the cloth/leatherette combo. Looks to be a high quality execution, not poorly executed or sore thumb out of place like I had feared it might be.

I'm sure there are people looking for a small car with traditional large luxury car appointments. I can't really think of another car like it, save for maybe the Volvo S40. The Lexus ES is a tick bigger in my mind. This car will find its niche I think.

I think the article sums up the mission of this car very well: It's simply a small car for people who want a premium feeling ride in a smaller package. It's not meant to be a sports sedan or a fuel mileage champ.

One thing's for certain: Darker colors are a better choice for this car because they allow the bling elements to pop.

Buick has just expanded the color palettes for the 2012 LaCrosse and 2012 Regal to include "Midnight Blue Metallic". Hopefully, GM plans to offer this gorgeous shade of blue on the Verano as well.

I look forward to a drive in one. The car looked great in person and after drving a Cruze it sounds from this review as a even better car than the already very good Cruze.

If people discover this one like they did the Cruze GM should do well. Like stated above there really is nothing close to this car in this class and at this price point.

The one thing we need to keep in mind this is not a performance car at this point and the review was fair in not expecting one. They judged it for what it was a competent luxury car in a much smaller package than it feels.

This car will appeal to people down sizing due to the economy as many can't afford the gas or payments of the much more expensive cars. Also it will let some buy Luxury they never could afford before. For a little more than the Chevy they can get a car that provide the quiet, feel and ride of a much more expensive car.

I think the article sums up the mission of this car very well: It's simply a small car for people who want a premium feeling ride in a smaller package. It's not meant to be a sports sedan or a fuel mileage champ.

One thing's for certain: Darker colors are a better choice for this car because they allow the bling elements to pop.

Buick has just expanded the color palettes for the 2012 LaCrosse and 2012 Regal to include "Midnight Blue Metallic". Hopefully, GM plans to offer this gorgeous shade of blue on the Verano as well.

Midnight Blue Metallic has been offered on the LaCrosse before and it's replacing the Majestic Blue Metallic that was available on the 2011 Regal, which I preferred more honestly.

You're right though, the mission of this car is clear and I do believe it'll sell.

@hyperv6, I have read your post about being able to drive the Buick Verano. It seems that you have well researched this vehicle so you probably know that we are scheduled to start the production of the Verano in the fourth quarter of this year.

If there is other information that you or other members of this forum would like to know about the Verano please, don't hesitate to contact me.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

@hyperv6, I have read your post about being able to drive the Buick Verano. It seems that you have well researched this vehicle so you probably know that we are scheduled to start the production of the Verano in the fourth quarter of this year.

If there is other information that you or other members of this forum would like to know about the Verano please, don't hesitate to contact me.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

Yes we all here are pretty up on most of GM's products and know about the production.

Might be careful here on offering info request as most of us here want the kind of info GM just will not give out yet! Infact with some here they may be able to get you info you don't have yet. LOL!

We here have earned the title of GM's Biggest fans and toughest critics honestly.

Thanks for the offer on the info!

Edited by hyperv6