Future Product Guide: GMC Vehicles For 2012, 2013, 2014 Model Years

The little snippet at the bottom where the Savana gets replaced (~2014) by a ugly Opel rebrand of a Renault van is the most disturbing part.

Would be consistent with the strategy Ford and Chrysler are heading towards.. modern world vans for the US and European markets.

The little snippet at the bottom where the Savana gets replaced (~2014) by a ugly Opel rebrand of a Renault van is the most disturbing part.

Would be consistent with the strategy Ford and Chrysler are heading towards.. modern world vans for the US and European markets.

Just because others leap off the cliff, doesn't mean you should.

All the global vans have styling that is unexpectedly polarizing to American eyes and small powerplants. GM could do better by offering a modern American styled van with some smaller V6 engines, instead of alienating thousands of big van buyers with a rebadged Renault... its not even a global GM design... its a Renault!

Its not like the Sprinter has set the world on fire.

The Sprinter costs too much in the US, it's an easy $10k more than an Econoline base for base.

Everywhere else, the Sprinter and its European competition reign supreme. The Econoline and Savana are actually in the minority.

If GM can set a new lower bar on pricing, they can really corner the market.

Has Ford announced where the Transit will be built? That is key to pricing and avoiding the Chicken Tax.

The Sprinter costs too much in the US, it's an easy $10k more than an Econoline base for base.

Everywhere else, the Sprinter and its European competition reign supreme. The Econoline and Savana are actually in the minority.

If GM can set a new lower bar on pricing, they can really corner the market.

Has Ford announced where the Transit will be built? That is key to pricing and avoiding the Chicken Tax.

St Louis, I think...there is a thread on here from last week about it..

I guess so, to my knowledge neither have been exported from North America. I imagine SOME have been exported, but nowhere near enough to be a serious competitor to the Euro-vans.

Consulting Wiki, apparently the Express/Savana is available in the Netherlands for civilian, ambulance and police use... but that seems to be it.

Other than that, the only vans GM exported from North American where the Astro/Safari twins, which became somewhat popular in Japan as massive muscle trucks.

I wonder if Sabine Schmitz could have beaten 9:59 minutes using a V8 Express van instead of a wussy Transit van. ;-) She could have used it, as her comment was "I could do that lap time in a van"... and the video clearly showed that power was the issue with the Transit.

Hi there guys.

I'm Alex -- founder of GM Authority. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for posting our Future Product Guide.

We recently received word that the vans will actually come sooner than we originally thought, with several projects already underway to globalize the lineup.

That site is a spyware-ridden hell, I thought my computer was going to burn down.

I apologize for for any difficulties you may have experienced while loading GM Authority... but I want to make clear that we're anything but a "spyware-ridden hell." We take any feedback of our web efforts close to heart, so if you have any issues going forward, please don't hesitate to contact me directly -- alex [at] gmauthority [dot] com

Cheers!

No offense intended there, Alex. Just a reaction to the cardiac arrest my machine went into over there.

Granted, it's an old piece of junk, but your site really sent it for a loop for some reason. I apologize for the "spyware-ridden hell" comment - it was an assumption on my part.