Cheers or Jeers: 2008 Ford Econoline

7 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Syle, comfort and room to spare!
    • Jeers! I'll rather buy a used G-wagen for that price.

Quigley 4x4 Air ride Monster van

I am willing to sell my personal van and will be listing it in ebay motors dealer section so I am able to have the option of lots of pictures as well as a great description. Here are lots if pictures and a youtube link as well. Please give time for the items to load.

I am a 50 year old male and set out about every 3 to 4 years to build a wild 4x4 Quigley van. I have owned lots of these vans and buy them all new and improve on each build I do. The following is my newest creation. When I build these vans I spend top dollar on everything and pay very close attention to fine details with correct engineering and planning. When I sell these I tend to get some of my out lay back and the buyer knows that only the best items were used and lots of love went into this project.

This is a 2008 Quigley 4x4 with a 6.0 turbo diesel and 4 wheel air ride. I spent about a year planning to build this before I even ordered it and a build time of 6 months after it was delivered to me with just 18 miles on it. $125k later this is the outcome.

I ordered a ford e-350 cargo van loaded with factory windows and it was drop shipped to Quigley where the 4x4 was installed. The van then was shipped to Eclipse in Indiana where the interior conversion was done and then shipped to me with just 18 miles.

Upon receiving the van the entire frame was stripped of everything and soda blasted to bare metal where por-15 was applied with 4 coats of k2 clear coat to not allow any corrosion. The suspension had its springs removed and a 4 link air ride system was added from Kelderman air ride. Kelderman does not make this system for a ford van so it had to be manufactured just for this vehicle and special ordered and fabricated by the world famous Gator motor sports complex of Patchogue NY.

Body and paint work 100% original, all original books, manuals, build sheets, receipts, rain guards, fishing pole holder, class 3 hitch with electric brake controller, 2 back up cameras with different angles, rear flood light, bushwacker fender flares, extendable tow mirrors, rain x wiper blades and fluid, Eclipse specialty interior conversion, factory tinted windows, Dick Cepek powder coated rims, manual 4x4 hubs, 4 procomp extreme directional rotation 37x13.5 22 lt e rated, amp research custom made automatic steps, readjusted head lights, main ecm reprogrammed by ford to compensate for tire size and the transmission has the correct shift points, motor is a 6.0 turbo diesel all stock, transmission is a 5 speed and all stock, 4 wheel air ride by Kelderman with 4 link, Air ride technologies level pro air system with firestone bags, main head air unit controller in dash, 2 air ride remotes, 6 Bilstien 7100 shocks nitrogen filled to 165lbs, duel Bilstien steering stabilizers, all shocks K2 cleared with plastic dip sprayed ends, stainless hoses, 8 gallon air tank with duel compressors and air dryers, alcohol impregnated air system to prevent freezing, 4” Quigley lift and 12” air ride lift, kept in heated garage during winters.

Interior is by Eclipse with 7 passenger perfect leather and power driver seat with both fronts heated. Rear bench seat removes easily and folds out to a bed. Rugs have been covered since the van was new and front floor mats have never been used. It was not my intention to build a show truck but that’s how it turned out and has taken 1st place trophies at every show. I started this build so the van would have a nice ride with out the harshness of springs. I painstakingly spent countless hours to hunt down only the best components and do everything to prevent any corrosion. Every nut and bolt is either grade 8 cadmium plated or stainless. No leaks or a rattles and almost handles like a sports car. I just paid the loan off so title and lien release are in hand with new project under way. I DON’T NEED to sell this van and will hold out for a fair dollar until it sells. I am very sure of what I have here and the possible buyer is welcome to come see the van and test drive it before bidding. I welcome an independent inspection to come see it for you. I will work with the shipper of your choice and I have measured and can tell you that the van will fit in a sea container for over seas shipping if stock tires are installed. Mpg is a great @ 22 highway and 14 around town. You will NOT find one this nice ANYWHERE! Why ride on springs when you can ride on air?

$(KGrHqZ,!lQE6CImlldfBOnzwEO3i!~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqUOKpoE6W0oDoCnBOn0U3Ptow~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKjwE5vW4KP-EBOn0Nb!qlg~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!hkE6Z3LGVwoBOn0W4fPV!~~_4.JPG

I actually sawr a red Chevy G20 conversion van with 4X4 conversion today, must have been late 80's vintage. It was still chugging along, but was showing its age all over the place.

I gave this Quigley conversion a Cheers vote before I noticed the asking price. So now I've deleted my vote.

I've always liked these, but the price is stoopid.