Cheers or Jeers: 8,000 Mile 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A new Oldsmobile for those in the market for one!
    • Jeers! A decent daily driver but nothing exciting enough to warrant the price.

Look at this car very carefully, it is probably one of the lowest mileage examples of one of the last Oldsmobile 88 Sedan for sale! It has just shy of 8,800 miles and you can tell by looking that it is most likely kept inside covered storage. It is champagne metallic with matching cloth interior with a power driver's seat. It has the original AM FM Cassette radio and it plays fine. It has the factory alloy wheels that are free of any curb-rash. I have metered the car for paint work and it appears to have had no paint work on any of the body panels, the right front rubber bumper corner was painted just prior to taking the pictures because of a minor scrape. Now here is the history on this car, it was a 1 owner untill this past summer. It was bought from the estate of a Huntsville, Alabama lady from Bill Penney Oldsmobile and we were told that she was related to the dealership owner. It was not driven much at all in the last few years, it has to oil change reciepts that are 3 years apart with less than 200 miles difference between the 2 oil changes! At any rate this should make a great car to drive or a neat low mileage car to collect since Oldsmobile has ceased manufacturing!

$(KGrHqFHJDkE7zJ4BdfTBPGvvenjjw~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!pcE8Wfo-vZ5BPGvvnJOtw~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!psE8WNYtsF9BPGvwM8ivw~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!o4E8VYGGIm5BPGv)NVp-Q~~_4.JPG

For what you find around here this is a VERY good buy and one of my favorite cars. Yeah I'm with ya Olds on the LSS but ANY last gen 88/98 this clean or low miles is a find. The base 1998 88 I found for my youngest daughter did have an awfully soft suspension in it though. Unlike my 91 98 which road very close to the Intrigue my oldest daughter just got rid of. I prefer a sporting full sized car, like a B body Impala SS :chevy:

$5600, the bid price as of this writing, is about all the money for it. Just think, 200K of smooth daily driver motoring awaits...and yes, I WOULD paint it a darker color. The Dark Otter Metallic (charcoal gray) from my Silhouette would be a period correct color.