Cheers or Jeers: 13,000 Mile 1971 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Give it a bath and hit the road!
    • Jeers! The price is way to high and I'd like to know more about the rebuild.

1971 OLDSMOBILE VISTA CRUISER WITH OPERA WINDOWS ON TOP. 455 ENGINE ALL REBUILT. ONLY 13,718 ORIGINAL MILES. MY AUNT INHERITED THIS CAR FROM MR. AND MRS. LOUIS PALANGE. MR. PALANGE WAS A WELL KNOWN CONDUCTOR IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA AND MRS. PALANGE ONLY DROVE THE CAR FOR SHORT DISTANCES OR TO CONCERTS. MY AUNT HAD THE ENGINE REBUILT AS THE CAR HAD BEEN LEFT STAGNATE AND STORED FOR TEN YEARS IN A GARAGE. THEREFORE, MY AUNT HAD EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD REDONE. NEW HEADLINER. THE CAR HAS 1ST PRIMER COAT AND DRIVES PERFECTLY. THE CAR HAS 1984 OLYMPIC PLATES. A CLASSIC COLLECTOR'S ITEM! FOR A VERY SERIOUS BUYER, MY AUNT IS MORE THAN WILLING TO DRIVE THE CAR TO HER MECHANIC NEAR DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES - DODGER STADIUM AREA AND THE CAR COULD BE VIEWED WITH THE MECHANIC AND HE CAN ANSWER ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS.

$(KGrHqZ,!lgE8iN8VervBPRZB!SzTw~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!qsE88gcJLlpBPRY8gBfbQ~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!ngE8VTJ0kn)BPRZC06CnQ~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!rkE88hC-PT0BPRZ!Jm99Q~~60_4.JPG

Kill joy on the price and that opening remark about the OPERA WINDOWS ON TOP??????????????

Also why was the engine in need of rebuilding at 13K mi? I think that Camino's on the right track on the mileage :AH-HA:

Well, if the mileage is right and it sat for decades the hoses, seals, gaskets, etc were probably all rotted so it probably needed a rebuild...