Cheers or Jeers: 1948 Buick Roadmaster

3 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A great price for a great show car!
    • Jeers! What's up with the Mercedes headlights?

1948 Buick Roadmaster 455 Buick Motor bored 30 over approx 350 h.p. Custom built billet aluminum valve covers and pulleys, 10:1 Compression ratio, Mild T.A. cam shaft, Edelbrock intake, 700 holley 4 barrel carb, Stage 2 Aluminum heads, Stage 2 Headers that are ceramic coated, 2 1/2 Exhaust with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, Inca Gold Paint, E-Class Mercedes 2000 Headlights, 20 Inch. Boyd Coddington Wheels, Swede Custom Headliner, Ostrich Skin Leather Upolstry, Hand blown glass knobs, Air ride system by "Air ride Technology's" with one compressor and one Tank. CD Digital Sterio Player, Power Windows, This car was professionally customized over 2 years of continuous craftmanship with a blank check cost of over $300,000

$165,000

$(KGrHqNHJBME9!HCynGPBPVTQJg2!Q~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJD!E9!T+!!i8BPVTdnmIMg~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!r!E88gToO!zBPVTSeWQjw~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!qME88f7YGECBPVT,ts6Gw~~_4.JPG

Hmmm... where to start.

The headlights; yes - they look cheap on mercedees and they look wrong/ cheap here too. Not liking the color, but I've seen far worse.

Body mods, for the most part, I give a thumbs up. I would've gone a teeny bit farther tho- extended the windsplit up over the roof & down around the exhaust portal. Would've faired in the taillight housings a bit more, too. Overall I give the body a 95% in execution.

Interior is mostly well done, too. I hate those Lecarra Mk 10 wheels tho. I'll give it a 80%.

RE the motor: STG 2 heads & headers on a 462 should be worth 400 HP to start, but it's way under-carbed @ 700 cfm.

Edited by balthazar

I see what you mean Balthazar, but I actual think the head lights work and for the rest of it, I give it a 95% except for the Engine only gets a 65% as there is no reason to have a carb in todays society when you can have a sweet fuel injected beast. To Me the Ramjet would have been a sweet fit, either in 350 or 502 form. The style of the engine would go much better with the body of the car.

Interesting bodywork...like the rear window, rear fin rear lighting..the headlights work well here, IMO. A Buick turbo V6 would have been a more interesting engine choice. I lIke the stock looking steering wheel and gauges instead of the usual custom car cheese.

Yeah, neither would I.

The rear is better than the front, but the car is inconsistant. Chrome rings around taillights, no chrome around headlights. The flowing rear... but the rear lights are on a perfectly flat piece of sheetmetal... etc. The front headlights from a Mercedes have been done much better a decade ago. The blisters these lights are mounted on make it look like the lights don't belong.