I have a question

Photoshop or Corel Draw allows this capability, but you will want to blend it right so it is not visually noticable. The file will always show that it was edited.

Camino, the guys are getting confused... it sounds to me like the timestamp in question is in the metadata... but some of the guys are intrepreting the removal of the timestamp, as a visual timestamp that appears in the corner of the photo. (Obviously, the way to remove those is usually to crop the photo, assuming you are not losing something important)

Nice Photo, one reason I always turn off the time/date stamp. I would use Photoshop and then use the blend spong and just grab the surrounding darkness and go over the stamp and let it blend it to match the surrounding area and you will be pretty happy with it.

10 seconds later....

There's probably an option in the camera set up to turn off the date stamp. I never use them, because I could always find out when it was taken by viewing the file properties

post-2-0-52143100-1332441688.jpg

This was a spur-of-the-moment thing, I had turned on the date stamp for something I was doing and hadn't turned it off when I saw this sky. So, I just snapped the pic without thinking about it.

Z: That looks pretty good! I am considering using this pic in my book, so that date stamp has to go.