Cheers or Jeers: 27,000 Mile 1962 Chrysler Imperial Crown Convertible

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A throwback to when Chrysler actually competed in the luxury segment!
    • Jeers! Too expensive and good luck finding parts.

1962 Chrysler Imperial Crown Convertible

413 V8, numbers matching, 340 h.p

727 Torqueflite, numbers matching

It’s a great driver and it runs perfect...Turn key car, no problem to drive it long distance anywhere.

Car has been restored many years ago by the current owner and is indeed a really solid TEXAS car...Not sure what the original color was.

I can fairly say that this car has always been solid and in RUST FREE shape, and used a lot for many pleasant family trips with the top down...as I write it will be used this weekend to take a cruise with the family...

Front end is very clean and grill not pitted at all, with the 4 separate headlights in great condition creating a mostly unique front end...nothing comparable on the road at that time and even more today

Upholstery is in used but very fair condition ,with a normal wear overall...the only rip I can describe is pictured on top right of the dash which is aprox less than 1 inch big...Tuck n roll on seat area its fair and clean

Top works quickly up and down as it should...ragtop is quite recent and is a sort of medium plum color which contrasts well with the white color.

Power windows, they lift up and down quickly

Power steering, very smooth action and almost no effort to steer

Power brakes, quite well for such big size car

Power top, raises up and down quite quickly and effortlessly

Tinted glasses in good condition .Windshield has been replaced many years ago, not original

Great body lines overall, straight car and as said it was extremely solid when restored...

All four original hubcaps

The rear gun sight taillights are the original ones and they have some visible cracks in the lens, NOT cracked in the outside, just in acrylic inside

Clean engine room overall

Clean trunk upholstered in the same upholstery color as the interior

Underneath very clean with a solid chassis overall

Rockers are straight too, check pics

Good Chrome overall, no pitting anywhere

All in all, i can describe this car as a very honest sound daily driver condition overall..NOT a show car but very clean and it will turn heads anywhere you hence the rarity, with only 554 made in 62.

Most of the car guys they never seen one on the road, and the common question is: What is it????

I’m sure I forgot some details, but please ask any questions you might have.

Clean TX title on hand

Shipping worldwide available as usual at customer's cost

DSC09807.jpg

DSC09821.jpg

DSC09850.jpg

DSC09873.jpg

DSC09914.jpg

This is gorgeous... I am a huge fan of the 1961-63 Imperials as well as the 1967-68. The 64-66 always seemed like a rehash of the 61-65 Continental for some reason, of course they were both designed by the same guy. Nonetheless. Love the square steering wheel.