Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I got a Honda

Balthzar guessed it. :P

Yes it's a Honda Harmony HRB215.

I got it along with another mower as partial trade for a Craftsman I was selling.

I pulled out the spark plug, put a small shot of carb spray in it, put some gas in the empty tank, fired right up. I couldn't believe it. Everything on this thing works.

This is a really nice mower, very quiet compared to the B&S and Tecumseh flatheads I've been working on. I really like the blade clutch feature (first mower I've had with it). The polycarbonate deck is pretty interesting as well.

IMG_9069.jpg

When I was growing up, my folks always had Snapper riding mowers...the newer ones had a battery and key start...I like Snappers because they are rear engined and RWD.. :) IIRC, they had self-propelled Sears push mowers for light-duty work also.

When I was growing up, my folks always had Snapper riding mowers...the newer ones had a battery and key start...I like Snappers because they are rear engined and RWD.. :) IIRC, they had self-propelled Sears push mowers for light-duty work also.

Unlike their cars this Honda is RWD. :P

I'm torn on what I want to do with it. On the one hand it'll fetch a pretty penny (easily $200), but on the other hand it's a really nice lawnmower. Even cold start you give it a gentle pull and it fires right up. It's very quite, love the blade clutch, and I appreciate that even the small front wheels are actually ball bearing, rare for small wheels.

Well if you really want to exercise you go with a push mower, or if you really want a workout a push reel mower. :P

I restored a Clemson reel mower a bunch of years ago. They're tricky to properly sharpen, but the give the best cut when they are.

I can imagine. We had one when I was kid. Don't know whatever happened to it. When I was like 13 I mowed lawns and had a small collection of mowers. I knew a little about small engines then, but not nearly what I know now. Pity they're all gone, some of them were pretty neat. Even had a 2-stroke snowblower.

I looked at one of these (or it's successor) a while back. I liked it but I felt it was way too heavy... like they used the Accord platform to build it on. I need something fairly lightweight so I can throw it in and out the back of the CR-V quick and easy.

I looked at one of these (or it's successor) a while back. I liked it but I felt it was way too heavy... like they used the Accord platform to build it on. I need something fairly lightweight so I can throw it in and out the back of the CR-V quick and easy.

What you want then is an older lawn mower, like a Lawn Boy or Toro. Their decks were made of aluminum and magnesium. Never rusts, very light.

As for the Honda, its one of those cases where its overbuilt, and that's a good thing. If you get the push version it'll be quite light since the deck is made of a polymer called NeXite.

Pretty stuff stuff too. Found this video demonstration on their site.

http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mowers/nexite-mowing-deck