"Bringing Back Buick"

wildcat

Sorry....I think this guy's just another GM kool-aid-drinking, midwestern-mindset-living manager.

I know...I KNOW....you expect him to say good things about his products. I know. However, I just can't take too much of it seriously.....for example:

BB: "We build great cars. Our new models are stylish and contemporary."

Well.....Lucerne is a step in the right direction, but Enclave isn't here for another six months...and I don't find ANYTHING stylish or contemporary about an old-W-body LaCrosse, or Rendezvous, Rainer, or Terraza.

BB: "We continue to offer the things....features you don't expect in an entry-level luxury car."

Where's the navigation for Lucerne? Where's the xenon headlamps? Where's the 5-or-6 speed automatic? Where's the 3.6L HF V6 in the Lucerne? Where's the power tilt-and-telescope?

BB: "You'll see us offer high-technology features (see my above rant) and V8 power....we have a high-feature V6 in the LaCrosse."

HF V6 in the LaCrosse? You mean an engine with the technology that is considered a standard of the industry for every other manufacturer of midsize vehicles? Are we supposed to think that the 3.6L option in the LaCrosse is anything special?

BB: "Our customers line up with sophisticated living."

Buick certainly isn't a definition of "sophisticated living" where I am....Buicks are more apt to be found in the parking lots of senior-citizen centers or rental-car parking lots. BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Lexus, Cadillac, Land Rover,.....those suggest "sophisticated living" to me.....and to most other people.

Sorry for the negative rant....but $h! like this brings back too many sad memories of when I LIVED this crap working for GM.....

I guess what pisses me off the most is not so much that he insinuated all those things, but that sadly enough the product doesn't live up to his PR hype.

I truly wish it did.

For the millionth time....that's no excuse for a company supposedly trying to duke it out in the "big leagues."

ESPECIALLY since doesn't DTS offer it RIGHT NOW?

I don't disagree, but you act like there is no nav for it whatsover. This is not the case.

I don't disagree, but you act like there is no nav for it whatsover. This is not the case.

Fly....there IS NO NAV.

Think about it in a consumer's standpoint....not "our" standpoint. Buick launched this new car without one of the features becoming increasingly sought-after in the $30K-$40K sedan range.

Consumers shop the car....see there is no nav available. IF this feature IS an important consideration for them, then Buick gets a big mark against it in the shopping comparison.

They won't wait for Navigation to become available "mid-year" or "later"....they are shopping NOW.....

THAT's my point.....NOT so much disagreeing with you, but putting the lack of features into the perspective of the average shopping consumer. And Buick lacks that feature on the Lucerne....at this time...

I wish lack of nav on the lots was the only problem with the Lucerne's debut. I won't even bring up the prolonged agony of seeing the last appealing LeSabres being sold then waiting weeks or months for the first Lucernes to trickle in. The rollout for the Lucerne blew completely. I'm not arguing that. I'm not even arguing the valid point you made above, just making sure you're aware that Navigation is indeed available now, especially for '07.

Now, whether cars are ordered with NAV...isn't that the dealer's fault?