Nissan cuts Titan production

regfootball

By AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

AutoWeek | Published 04/17/06, 1:26 pm et

CANTON, Miss. -- Nissan North America has begun curtailing production of its slow-selling Titan pickup at its plant here.

Sales this year of the full-sized pickup were down 1.7 percent to 21,277 units through March, and the company has more than a 100-day supply.

Jed Connelly, sales chief at Nissan North America, says he wants to reduce supply to under 75 days.

As GM fans know...heavy incentives can only help so much with a crappy product.

I agree with the incentives, however I don't hink it's a crappy product at all. It's not the prettiest, but it looks way better than the Tundra (new or old), it has a good engine, towing capability, and lots o innovtive features. I prefer the Ram for it's sweet looks, hemi, and cuz..well...I'm a Dodge Fan :P But I still think it's a good truck. I hope the new Tundra does worse than the Titan, cuz the Titan at least deserves decent sales.

I agree with the incentives, however I don't hink it's a crappy product at all. It's not the prettiest, but it looks way better than the Tundra (new or old), it has a good engine, towing capability, and lots o innovtive features. I prefer the Ram for it's sweet looks, hemi, and cuz..well...I'm a Dodge Fan :P But I still think it's a good truck. I hope the new Tundra does worse than the Titan, cuz the Titan at least deserves decent sales.

Disagree. The first batch out were assuredly junk with numerous paint, assembly, and fitment defects. As far as looks, I'd put it at the bottom of the barrel. The Tundra out now is boring as hell, but it isn't offensive. Nothing out there is gaudier from that factory than a chromed-out Titan with 6in-tall TITAN V8 lettering on the side and some faux chrome skidplate...thing on the front.

Disagree. The first batch out were assuredly junk with numerous paint, assembly, and fitment defects. As far as looks, I'd put it at the bottom of the barrel. The Tundra out now is boring as hell, but it isn't offensive. Nothing out there is gaudier from that factory than a chromed-out Titan with 6in-tall TITAN V8 lettering on the side and some faux chrome skidplate...thing on the front.

Hmm...wasn't aware of the build issues the early ones had. Still, it's not a bad truck. Also, I disagree, the current Silverado takes the prize for ugliest truck, I've hated it since the "refresh" it had. Plus, the interior is $h!.

Of course, a Toyota product and "boring" in the same sentence.

Besides the Supra and discontinued Celica, and maybe the tC and Tacoma...what Toyota product is out there that isn't boring? Please don't say Camry, or I shall have to hurt you :P

that exhaust note is almost painful to listen to. it just doesnt sound right to me. and it is kind of busted ugly. gaudys a good word, much like their other trucks.

just awkward the way the roof line slopes.

those are definately some weak sales. thats too bad.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

Hmm...wasn't aware of the build issues the early ones had. Still, it's not a bad truck. Also, I disagree, the current Silverado takes the prize for ugliest truck, I've hated it since the "refresh" it had. Plus, the interior is $h!.

The interior on the Silverado/Sierra is fine for a truck. Problem is, people expect trucks to have carlike interiors nowadays. We'll have to agree to disagree on the exterior then. While I don't think the angry Silvy is the best direction Chevy took, its not bad and the rest of the truck is fine. In fact, I'd argue the GMC Sierras are simply the classiest trucks on the market today in terms of styling - strong, muscular, but not overly so.