Great story from 2007

That was freakin awesome, would love to give it a try to beat that record! :P

You and I would both end up in jail...that guy was incredibly lucky not to get busted....

wowww...these guys are loaded to the teeth with anti-cop gear. And the description of the battle-station-red cockpit. And the close calls, and the weaving through the 10....jeez. This guy bloody well IS Captain Picard, with a quite a lot of Kirk thrown in.

Great write up! Best thing I've read in years.

Should create a Keys-Seattle run. Longest distance in continental United States.

http://tinyurl.com/crwlcwy

So true that would be freakin awesome race. Course with the way the political correct morons are going with hiring cops to focus on telling everyone how to drive and when I doubt we will ever really see crazy races like this any more.

Notice they were not driving a painted pearl performance Cadillac ... and people ask why The ATS is important and why does the 2.0L turbo needs to be standard. The ATS needs to be the beginning of removing Caddy from dulldrums of the sales force selling pearl paint as a performance option.

Notice they were not driving a painted pearl performance Cadillac ... and people ask why The ATS is important and why does the 2.0L turbo needs to be standard. The ATS needs to be the beginning of removing Caddy from dulldrums of the sales force selling pearl paint as a performance option.

Wut?

Point is ............ the person in that made this run never once thought of using a Caddy. It's likely he has ever been in a Caddy store. The only Caddy he may be aware of is his GrandMa's pearl white Sedan Deville. Caddy needs this ATS to be a sold well built performer thats not going to start on fire while sitting in it's parking space, ie Cruze.

Edited by RjION

1.) paint is NOT a performance option.

2.) The ATS wasn't around in 2007, when this run took place. it's technically not around yet now.

3.) What in blazes does the ATS, or any Cadillac, have to do with this run in the first place? He drove a BMW. So what? U mad bro?

4.) You wanna buy an ATS and beat this record? Be my guest.

Just appreciate the story for what it is and what was accomplished FFS.

Edited by Turbojett

1.) paint is NOT a performance option.

2.) The ATS wasn't around in 2007, when this run took place. it's technically not around yet now.

3.) What in blazes does the ATS, or any Cadillac, have to do with this run in the first place? He drove a BMW. So what? U mad bro?

4.) You wanna buy an ATS and beat this record? Be my guest.

Just appreciate the story for what it is and what was accomplished FFS.

You don't get it so you state the obvious. You that OLD man. To bad you can't see the forest for the trees.

Edited by RjION
  • Disagree 1

It was a GREAT run across the U.S. in a Diving Machine. Something Caddy has needed for 30 years. I hope the ATS gets Caddy going in the right direction because the DeVille, DTS, and XTS buyers are dropping like flies.

Forest for the trees .............. can you see?

Edited by RjION

I can see what you're saying.

Yes, Cadillac has needed the ATS..

wait, 'scuze me, allow me to answer as needlessly scathing as you did

I

can

seeeeee

what

you

are saaaaaayiiiing.

Yes,

Cadillac

has

needed

the

ATS

for

years,

quite

possibly

decades.

However,

I

don't

quite

understand,

nor

does

anyone

else,

why

you

decided

to

rant

about

this

here,

when

this

has

nothing

to

do

with

the

topic

at

hand.

you seeing my trees now?

After thinking, one GM car that can fit the bill is the new SS. It can virtually pass as a Caprice interceptor. If it gets a LS3, it will provide the same characteristics of a E39 M5.

For canonball, one does not need a fast 0-60, but stable, reliable, powerful yet fuel economical vehicle. If Camaro can get 24 mpg with the same engine, I think the new SS can get that mileage.

I guess Canonball run can get a whole new meaning.

pretty good theory assuming they don't completely change the styling, which they likely won't. though it is a possibility.

as for the engine, I'm also thinking it may possibly get the C7's motor, which is even better.

the problem with that is though, that nobody's biting on the Caprice Interceptors, mostly because of the asking price, but also because of the Country of Origin issue (which is also a factor in the price, as it was with the GTO and G8.) So the innocenti will probably never think, "oh, that's just a copcar." they'll just think its another idiot speeding along in a sports sedan. granted, that is the one GM car that would be able to do it as below-the-radar as possible, but there's too much woring against it.

I'm thinking perhaps the best car for the job, going on your theory of blending in with the cops, is likely going to be a Dodge Charger. If painted black, and loaded with extraneous antennae, it would certainly look the part of an undercover/unmarked police car. few people would think twice about it being anything else if it speeds past them. Also, there's the technicality that you won't actually be guilty of impersonating police because its not loaded with lights and sirens (or have the word POLICE brazenly emblazoned across it like the Bimmer did).

On the flipside, the Charger is rather portly, and at full tilt, the gas mileage is going to be a problem. weight saving measures will need to be taken.

Edited by Turbojett