Sea Seven

ocnblu

While I imagine computer animation to be difficult, I hope with all my heart that this is a poorly realized depiction of the real thing. Kudos to the artist, of course, for going off of grainy spyshots.

The ideas are accurate but the representations is a little off.

The new Vette will work out well and it will be a transitional car. GM is already laying plans for the C8 as the C7 will not be around anywhere as long as those before it.

There will be changes for several reasons. Crash Standards, Global Market demands and the effort not to continue to build the same car for ever.

The C7 when it arrives will stir the masses as every new Vette does. at first the split will be 50% love it and 50% hate it and as time passes it is accepted as it should be. Vette owners tend to not like a lot of change but they even for the most got over the loss of the pop up headlamps or they just don't complain as much anymore.

The handling and peformance will be stepped up and take up any of the slack in the styling in the eyes of many since it will out perform their C3-C7.

The video here is not something I would get too excited about as the car in 3D will have a much better appeal. But again just be ready as like in the past half of you will hate it for a while no matter what.

The new Vette will work out well and it will be a transitional car. GM is already laying plans for the C8 as the C7 will not be around anywhere as long as those before it.

Wonder what the C8 will bring. On the techincal side there is a lot that can be open for debate and possibly change. On the looks side a lot can change too, but I am a little torn on the issue of if it is time to look past the Corvette's shape (that to me at least still evoques the 1968 car somehow)... I mean, the Porsche 911 styling has not changed that much and the car still is a success, so why mess with a Corvette shape that has been successful?

As for the animation, that redering looks too Ferrari-esque... I drool over Ferraris pretty much the same as any other performance car enthusiast, but I wouldn't want the Corvette to be a Ferrari styling clone :nono:

Edited by ZL-1

To be honest the C8 may be more of an interest to see where it goes. From what little has been said many say it will be a major change vs the little changes. I know there is always a lot of talk about Mid engine etc but I expect more i the way of option packages and range with the new car.

As for the styling. It needs to change up once in a while. I tire of the same old BMW and 911 styling all the time. Yes it is safe and they continue to sell but tell me what excitment is there when you see a new 911 or 3 series? They go better and stop faster but to be honest there is just too little excitment on anyhing new.

As for using some Ferrari styling it's not the first time. Harley Earl and Bill Mitchell appreciated and even stole some things from past Ferraris to use in their own styling. GM even has had some Vettes rebodied in Italy that were more Ferrari than Vette for show cars.

While it may have a Ferrari tone in its final form it will never be mistaken for anything but a C7.

The people in charge at GM now are all pretty Vette friendly so I expect they will get as lot of what ever they want this time. That has not always been true and the Vette had to earn what it got. Too many assume that the Vette gets a free pass but it still has to move throught the same approval steps as any other GM car.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...