Would you like to spend $8,000 on a 14 year old Kia?

Now you can! :booyah:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/3517681751.html

*Must sell - moving!

KBB BOOK VALUE OF 'PRIVATE PARTY' IS:
Excellent Condition $8,425

AND
I've put over $8000 into it in the last 14K miles in addition to the KBB.

I'll just skip the money I've put into it because we were planning on keeping it for life so wanted to restore it to like new and ask the KBB since many ppl are so hung up on that KBB #.
If you can come up with a similar vehicle with this KBB value with 14,000 miles on a newly rebuilt engine and an additional $8000 in owner's manual work done and extras for less money, I'll match the offer!!!

And it didin't give me a place to put in the new tires, lifetime free tire rotation, automatic starter, new 650 tune up, new 300 auto transmission fill and flush, that the engine and interior has been detailed for $250, a new battery for $110 in April, new muffler and exhaust $160,

Black EX, 4-Door Wagon / Sport Utility , Automatic, 2.0L L4 FI DOHC 16V

24-29 mpg

Description
*****NOTE: AS LONG AS THIS AD IS HERE, THE VEHICLE IS STILL AVAILABLE. I WILL IMMEDIATELY TAKE IT DOWN AS SOON AS IT SELLS, SO NO NEED TO WRITE AND ASK ME IF IT'S AVAILABLE - IF IT'S HERE - IT IS. THX!

This vehicle is almost like new. Completely loaded with over $8000 in current restoring and rebuilding by OCD husband. The rebuilt engine has 14K actual miles on it since it was put in.

*A/C gets VERY cold

*Newly rebuilt engine installed by dealership w/ 14K current miles on it (2.0 L) and 133K miles on chassis - Engine installed at Kia dealer
*Brand new heater core $850 Firestone
*14K miles on new timing belt, tensioner, and alternator
*4-cylinder
*A/C freshly recharged
*Anti-freeze newly flushed
*New premium brake shoes & pads on rear 3K miles ago - cost $262 at Firestone
*Fairly new tires - all 4 - w/ 13K miles on them and 47K miles left - cost $472 at dealership
*Brand new oil change and filter with no miles on it
*Lifetime free tire balance and rotation
(If you kept this for 5 years, this is worth at least $500 in free money)
*Brand new ignition wire set - no miles on it
*Brand new spark plugs - no miles on them and dry
*Brand new valve cover gasket set - no miles on it
*Brand new coil on plug boot - no miles on it
*Complete automatic transmission flush and fill - 16 quarts - no miles on it
*Brand new battery on May 17, 2012 72-month warranty - 2 yr free replacement
*Brand new O-rings - no miles on it
*Brand new front end alignment - no miles on it
*Brand new tire balance and rotation
*Brand new remote auto starter for warm winter car and cool summer car - Cost $300 installed and purchased at Best Buy
*Performed $1400 of service work at the owner's manual suggested 120K mile mark which included: Complete brake fluide replacement flush and fluid replacement service and bled brakes,
replaced all engine coolant and flushed system and replaced hoses, front differential service, rear differential service, lubricate caliper slides and backing plates; lubricate doors, trunk, hood and fuel door locks, latches and hinges, inspect radiator and cleaned cooling fins and a/c condensor, re-charged a/c to full, checked and secured chassis body bolt torque, ball joints, drive axles, axle boots, and steering components, performed transfer case service, all drive belts, tighten wheel bearings, new front brake lining replacement service including front brake pads and resurfaced rotors, wiper blades replaced
*Brand new muffler and exhaust - Midas $160

Additionally, it's in pristine condition and loaded:

*Garage-kept entire life of car
*Non-smoker
*All leather interior - including bucket seats
*Automatic transmission and auto starter
*Power steering
*Privacy glass
*Rear window wiper
*Stereo system w/ CD player
*Power locks
*Driver airbag
*Digital clock
*Luggage Rack
*Pinstripes/Graphics
*4-wheel drive
*Tilt wheel
*Rear defogger
*Air conditioning
*Passenger airbag
*Power mirrors
*Spoiler
*Clear coat paint
*Aluminum wheels
*Overdrive
*Power brakes
*Power windows
*Cruise control
*Console/Storage
*Body side moldings
*Theft deterrent alarms
*Great gas
*No dents or dings
*Interior immaculate w/ no rips or tears of any kind
*Tabs paid for another year
*Have every service receipt dating back to Day 1 for you to peruse should you want to
*VIN KNDJA7234X5585874

*Trying to think of things to answer so I don't have to repeat them. Why did I put so much work into this? Part of that is answered below and part of it is I followed the owner's manual and at 120K the things to do are HUGE and EXPENSIVE, but I followed every owner's manual directions at every mileage point. If you feel more comfortable buying a car that has listed no work done to it and has no invoices - go ahead but please don't regale me with pictures of clunkers that are asking $2000 - if you want a clunker, go get one, you don't need to tell me about all the clunkers out there. Mine Blue Books at $8425 when I don't even add the extra auto starter, free lifetime tire rotations, etc. And if they're not asking that it's because their car doesn't book out at that. Generally you get what you pay for so if someone else hasn't done the work - you will. If that appeals to you, get the clunker.

As long as this ad is up, it is still available.
Rebuilt and restored by OCD husband who spit shined it with a toothbrush every weekend.

If you want to come look at it and kick the tires you can. I am only interested in serious buyers not window shoppers who want to take a bunch of rides to see what they might want next year. I'm asking you to pay $5 for the gas for your test drive and if you buy it, I'll give it back to you. If you're a serious buyer, you know I'm not making a profit on that - you're merely paying for your own test drive. I am a young widow and not a dealership with an endless supply of gas $ and a nice big mark-up on everything. At 8425 I am not making 1 cent of profit on it - I'm losing $8000 after losing a husband and his entire income so please don't contact me if you want to make a ridiculous offer.

Thank you:)

3k23J83Nd5N35Ff5J2d12c947398126381f5d.jp

Joe, when i was selling, i sold one of these to a couple that drove down from the I think it was Bemidji area to buy it. It wasn't a 99, but it was the same body style i think. We got like 5 grand for it. And the thing was not prime. But they got financed!

Those old real SUV's like the Trackers and Sidekicks and early XL7's really can bring nice coin if in good shape. They are rare birds.

8 is too pricey for this one though.

I see she doesn't get the part about where when you put money into fixing a car it's pretty much out the window and hardly affects it's market value. The market is what the market is. This one might get 5 grand at a dealer. In fact, saying it has a rebuilt engine in some cases cuts the value on it. People do not like to invest in cars that already have a motor go out. It makes them think the motor is a bad design and prone to repeated failure.

Edited by regfootball