Sign in to follow this  
Drew Dowdell

Auto Show Forum re-org

9 posts in this topic

Drew Dowdell    4,989

Guys,

I'd like to reorganize the way the Auto Show forums are listed. Rather than have sub-forums by year, I would like to have sub-forums by show location and then all of the years grouped under that show. Rather than having to search 5 different forums for Detroit auto show stuff, all years of Detroit Auto show would be in one forum listed in reverse chronological order.

The current structure was built at a time before we had our articles system in place and doesn't mesh well (read: at all) with our new preferred way of posting articles. Making this structure change will allow front page articles to dump into the appropriate forum automatically and correctly. This plus simplicity of searching and structure are my reasons for wanting to make this change.

Sound off and let me know what you think.

Edit: Shows that we don't regularly cover can go into the base Auto Shows forum.

dfelt    1,772

I love the Idea, I agree all major autoshows should have their own folder and then by year under that. It would be great if you cloud list on each year folder the main contributors at the show so when you are looking for a specific writer filed story, just go to those by that person.

ocnblu    733

not an issue. sounds like simplification.

Camino LS6    866

Not a bad idea.

Unfortunately, the discussion always seems to get split between the show forum and the regular brand forums.

I've thought about ways to fix that, but have come to no firm conclusions.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this