Hey GmTruckGuy, found you a new ride.

cletus8269

http://bangshift.com/blog/goliaths-younger-brother-a-1972-chevy-c50-pickup-that-is-cool-truck-perfection.html

His 1972 Chevy C50 is like the Goliath truck, a custom deal that as far as we can tell never came from the factory in any configuration resembling this. For Jeff’s truck, he started out with a moving truck and took 5 feet out of the chassis in front of the rear wheels, and then chopping another 5 feet off the frame behind the rear wheels. The result is pickup truck length but on steroids due to the sheer size of the wheels, tires, chassis, etc. It’s like a real life Tonka truck. It’s got an 8′ bed on it, big ten lug wheels, fender flares front and rear, and it looks like Chevrolet would have built it, only taller.

1968_C50_pickup_truck16-685x394.jpg

• Agree 1

http://bangshift.com/blog/goliaths-younger-brother-a-1972-chevy-c50-pickup-that-is-cool-truck-perfection.html

His 1972 Chevy C50 is like the Goliath truck, a custom deal that as far as we can tell never came from the factory in any configuration resembling this. For Jeff’s truck, he started out with a moving truck and took 5 feet out of the chassis in front of the rear wheels, and then chopping another 5 feet off the frame behind the rear wheels. The result is pickup truck length but on steroids due to the sheer size of the wheels, tires, chassis, etc. It’s like a real life Tonka truck. It’s got an 8′ bed on it, big ten lug wheels, fender flares front and rear, and it looks like Chevrolet would have built it, only taller.

1968_C50_pickup_truck16-685x394.jpg

Apparently his brother did a '65 Chevy C-50 pickup before this, called "Goliath":

Goliath_Firestone_Tires051.jpg

One of my favorite trucks from the past two AACA fall meet shows in Hershey has been this 1964 or 1965 GMC 4000 stakebed:

IMG_5315_zps999eff16.jpg

Lately I'm really getting into the medium and heavy duty trucks that GM produced from the '60s into the '80s.

Whoa, that is a sweet truck, and I've always liked "Game Warden Green".

I believe that Chevy called this color Juniper Green in the '50s, and was the standard color if you did not option a different color. This color green was to pickups back then what basic white is to work trucks today. I for one love any old truck in this color with the white painted trim (basic truck, but cool looking nonetheless).

On my last note about starting to get into GM's medium and heavy duty trucks, here's a 1977 Chevy C-70 dually for sale in Toms River, NJ that I've been keeping an eye on over at Craigslist:

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3548553409.html

3Ld3Je3p65Nc5G95J3d1fe0d639701b1216aa.jp

3E43Fe3Ia5Ea5H45M7d1fd34e097676d618a6.jp

3Fa3o63Ha5I45Kd5J5d1fd2cf88c62ed61272.jp

While I really like the '72 C-50 you posted cletus, I'm prefering the later '70s-'80s C-series trucks since they were on the roads when I was a child (here is one of the rare instances where I prefer the CHEVY over the GMC truck).

I don't know why, but I find those '60s-70s medium duty trucks--esp. farm-style stakebeds fascinating. Same w/ the old International Loadstar stake bed trucks, Ford F700s, C600s, etc...

Me too! Traveling to Atlantic City, I pass by a business (can't tell if it's still open or closed) that has an older International Loadstar box truck parked in the same spot for all the years I've been passing it by. While I am a fan of Internationals, I'd prefer a GM truck first. However, as I now am taking a liking to these types of trucks, and seeing them showing up at car & trucks shows, I may have to look a little further into that Loadstar soon ;)

I don't know why, but I find those '60s-70s medium duty trucks--esp. farm-style stakebeds fascinating. Same w/ the old International Loadstar stake bed trucks, Ford F700s, C600s, etc...

Me too! Traveling to Atlantic City, I pass by a business (can't tell if it's still open or closed) that has an older International Loadstar box truck parked in the same spot for all the years I've been passing it by. While I am a fan of Internationals, I'd prefer a GM truck first. However, as I now am taking a liking to these types of trucks, and seeing them showing up at car & trucks shows, I may have to look a little further into that Loadstar soon ;)

I hear you about the childhood angle...as a kid in rural Ohio in the late '70s I remember being fascinated by my neighbor's Loadstar stake bed truck and my friend's family's Ford F700 stake truck--a friend from elementary school (who is still a friend today) lived on a huge farm and they had a lot of Ford and International pickups and medium and heavy trucks, all painted red and white...

My brother had a C60 dump truck, he sold it when he upgraded to a Mack single axle. We did a good amount of work to that truck, including replacing the non-original 350 with a rebuilt BB366. I like the HD trucks, but I can't say his C60 wove any sort of spell on me. Maybe it was too new (I think it was circa a '79). Nice 'business' exterior lines, tho.

That green color is still on the special-order list. It'd be cool to have a base model '14 Silverado in that color, reg cab 2WD, with black wheels.

How about in the green, but w/ white bumpers, white grille and white wheels? I always like the white trim on vintage base models. A local business has a fleet of late model F150s painted in a retro baby blue w/ white roofs, albeit w/ chrome trim and silver wheels..

• Agree 2

That green color is still on the special-order list. It'd be cool to have a base model '14 Silverado in that color, reg cab 2WD, with black wheels.

How about in the green, but w/ white bumpers, white grille and white wheels? I always like the white trim on vintage base models. A local business has a fleet of late model F150s painted in a retro baby blue w/ white roofs, albeit w/ chrome trim and silver wheels..

:worthless:

If I go into a certain place like Edmunds, Game Warden Green (my nickname, not GM's) is listed as an available color, although I cannot get a CGI to prove it. I have seen local dealers order, for example, Tangier Orange shortbed, reg cab 1LT Silverados that are accessorized with 20" GM chrome rims and the like. I'm just thinking a truck in that green color, with black grille, bumpers and Cragar Soft 8 wheels would be a cool Redneck Sport Truck, with something like a loud Flowmaster exhaust exiting ahead of the right rear wheel and a leveled suspension.

http://m.dealerrater.com/v1GTR2VE73DZ210405

1GTR2VE73DZ210405_09.jpg

*More pictures at the address above

A 2013 GMC Sierra in Woodland Green. I see a ton of mid-'90s GMC and Chevy C/K2500's in my town (and surrounding towns) in this color. GM has not messed with that formula in a LONG time.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74