I'm new

I'm new here and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Corey and I'm from Florida. I've loved anything with an engine since I was young. My father taught me how to tune up a car and change the oil. He just passed away earlier this year. He loved cars as well, that is probably where I got it. Me and my brother have taught ourselves how to repair almost anything on a car over the years. We did this thanks to the excess of information that can be found online. Me and my brother converted a 92 mustang from auto to manual transmission. We also took the 4 cylinder out of a 93 mustang and put in a 5.0 liter. We both graduated from a 2 year course on "Automotive Collision Repair & Refinishing." Please don't misunderstand, I'm not bragging I just have a love for cars.

I attached a picture of the 93 mustang, this was after we painted it. Unfortunately someone stole it out of our driveway while we were in the process of moving.

post-13127-0-91126700-1376098909_thumb.j

Hey ocnblu thanks for the welcome. We liked that color it is actually metal flake and when it was in the sun had a sparkle to it. You can't see it very good in the picture though cause of the lighting. Unimatrix01 yes I do have plans to try again but unfortunately right now my financial situation plain out sucks. I have a little bit of work right now but it doesn't pay very much at all. I am putting in applications trying to get something going here. When I can save up enough money I'm looking at buying something. Right now I'm thinking about a 1980's or 1990's Ford Ranger because they are cheap around here and I have found them to be extremely reliable little trucks. I would also be open some other cars so I guess I'll just see what I can find when I get enough saved up. My plan is to buy something that runs good and has a nice interior and then paint it.

Edited by BigMac

heh, the name is Drew, not Unimatrix 01. Unimatrix 01 is just my nerd way of saying I'm the head Admin around here. It is a star trek reference. I use to be "C&G's Dear Leader" until Kim Jong IL kicked the bucket.

... but good idea on the Ranger. I'm truck shopping also, but have found the Ranger to small for what I need it to do.

Oh man I really goofed that one. I'm sorry Drew when I posted that I thought I was looking at the username, apparently I wasn't. I'm actually kind of glad I did though because I'm happy to know what Unimatrix 01 means. I was curious but would have been to lazy to ask and didn't think about Google searching. I have watched quite a bit of star trek over the years and my favorite is Star Trek Next Generation.

Welcome BigMac,you will find plenty of car nuts here. Look forward to exchanging comments on many different topics.

Like you I also learned all my auto repair and love from my dad. Your mustang looks like a very metallic version of Candy Apple Green. My father had it on his 57 Mercury. Sweet color from what I can see.

Gosh what a luck, you were doing a great job on that car, painting looks awesome to be honest, are you and your brother working in the car industry at the moment? You learned most of your mechanical knowledge from the webs? That's pretty impressive, wished I could get the hang of it that way, keep showing us your projects man, you seem to have quite the skills!

Welcome!

• 4 weeks later...