November 2013: Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru Of America, Inc. Continues Success, Reports Best Ever November

-- November sales up 29.8% over last November

-- Forester best month ever

-- XV Crosstrek best month ever

-- One millionth Forester sold since model's inception in 1997

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Subaru of America, Inc. reported best-ever November sales. Subaru sold 36,621 vehicles in November and 384,511 total vehicles in 2013. The company broke its previous sales record of 336,441 in October with two months remaining in the calendar year.

The MotorTrend 2014 Sport/Utility Vehicle of the Year—Forester and the XV Crosstrek both set all-time monthly sales records during the month. Subaru sold 13,410 and 5,311 units respectively during the month of November.

"November was a busy and exciting month for the brand," said Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc. "Not only did we have our best ever November, but we revealed the all-new 2015 WRX at the LA Auto Show and hinted at our design direction with the 2015 Legacy CONCEPT."

"Coming off its recent MotorTrend 2014 Sport/Utility Vehicle of the Year award, Forester continues to show why it was a successful redesign," said Bill Cyphers, senior vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. "The Forester's strong momentum carried into November as an all-time monthly sales record was set for the SUV. Through November, nearly 60% of our buyers are new to Subaru, more and more people continue to embrace the brand," added Cyphers.

During the month of November, Subaru also sold its 1 millionth Forester in the United States since the model was introduced in 1997.

post-10485-0-65665600-1386097750_thumb.j

today was the perfect example of why Subaru is doing well selling average milquetoast.

winter storm. the localities are less and less all the time plowing and maintaining the roads. Either due to budget (fallacy) or some whiners who moan about road salt and einvironmental BS. And then you drive by 4 cars in a ditch in the main freeway through a community and there are cops and stuff having to waste time pulling people out where if the roads were salted and plowed timely / enough, they wouldn't need to.

I could not get around on the unmaintained stuff this morning. My Cobalt and its near done bald Hankooks made me stop by the tires plus because I honestly could not stop at a long approach to a stoplight on a hard down incline this morning with ABS cranking for many seconds. The tire stores go nuts on the first few snowfalls, crazy busy.

Everyone wants traction. We all know tires play a lot, but people get sick of the sliding around in the snow BS, and Subarus AWD is a cheap as $h! way to improve your position in life on that when you get the chance to swap out your car.

Sure, many mfrs offer AWD cars. But think about it. With Subaru, its built in. You know its part of the deal and the cost is not much more. What does GM offer for affordable AWD?

(crickets)

Chevy's cheapest AWD is the Equinox. And, it ain't cheap.

Buick, the REGAL finally has AWD. NOT CHEAP!

Encore, yes, but seriously, in the high twenties at the size it is at, it's going to not work for those looking for much size.

GM had the VIbe. That was cheap AWD.

Why can't GM offer something like a Legacy sedan for cheap. I can buy a new Legacy with AWD and cloth heated seats for about 23k. Impreza AWD prob for less than 20k.

To be a little more fair, AWD across the industry has not come down below 25k very often. Subaru really offers it in affordable guises.

Good

Sure, many mfrs offer AWD cars. But think about it. With Subaru, its built in. You know its part of the deal and the cost is not much more. What does GM offer for affordable AWD?

Good question, lets look at the others too.

Kia Cheapest AWD is the Sportage at $23,500

Hyundai Cheapest AWD is the Tuscan at $23,750

Honda Cheapest AWD is the CR-V LX AWD at $25,025

VW Tiguan S 4Motion at $26,975

Toyota Matrix S AWD $23,225 (requires "upgrade" to 4-speed automatic)

Toyota RAV4 AWD $25,560

Nissan Juke AWD $21,500 (but this is a bit niche, no?)

Nissan Rogue AWD $24,700

Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 $19,290\Compass AWD $21,950

Let's not be holding GM to a different standard as the others now...... with the death of Suzuki, Subaru is effectively the only game in town for AWD under the $20k mark.

i think the outlander sport is pretty cheap AWD too. Dealers here are marking big off MSRP also. Like 5 grand off. An AWD one can be had OTD price of 18,500. (got a lease quote on one today actually)

Lancer has AWD too, prob a couple grand cheaper yet. I know the car is ancient, but it's probably more enjoyable than the Impreza still.

with GM, it's like the cheapest Equinox I usually see stickers for at least 30.

A Trax AWD would sure sell in bunches.

Edited by regfootball

yeah, I wasn't quoting any incentives or leasing because they can distort the market. I see Equinox LS AWDs here for around $24k because he have 3 extremely aggressive Honda dealers in the area pushing AWD CR-Vs and Pilots as the biggest technological advancement since landing on the moon.