Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Crazy Idea for C&G...

I'm sure Ford based the Navigator decision on more than just some bitching on C&G. Sure, maybe someone read our site, and dozens of others and was keeping rack of responses at the auto show and then thought that they may need to tweak it a bit, but it wasn't all C&G.

Anyone in a position of power who takes the advice of a couple hundred enthusiasts on a single website should be fired. Horrible business practice.

Edited by Satty

Sattys right that would be like Toyota visting here and decides to stop making cars since most of us hate them. but that would be cool if they did.

I'm sure Ford based the Navigator decision on more than just some bitching on C&G.  Sure, maybe someone read our site, and dozens of others and was keeping rack of responses at the auto show and then thought that they may need to tweak it a bit, but it wasn't all C&G.

Anyone in a position of power who takes the advice of a couple hundred enthusiasts on a single website should be fired.  Horrible business practice.

I'm not saying it's based purely on our bitching, but sure it did have something to do with it, at least a little bit.

I mean, look at Pontiac. We've gave them so many ideas and stuff, almost to the point where we are working for them like free labour. And yet look what we get? Rebadges and crap, one after another.

It's about listening or not, binary question. I'm not saying how much effect we have on the manufacturers. But at least we are a channel of opinions, and I'm pretty sure we are large enough to represent a fair bit of customer base.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.... I second that, with a few more exclamation points.

I think Rick Wagnoner should join GMI however. :ph34r:

Well, he read the Aura thread. I'm guessing he looks at C&G every once in a while.

This thread should give all of us an idea: Try to cut down on the non-car related discussion. How is Mr. Lutz supposed to navigate around the site and get good information from our posts if more than half of them offer him nothing good to consider?

Well, he read the Aura thread. I'm guessing he looks at C&G every once in a while.

This thread should give all of us an idea: Try to cut down on the non-car related discussion. How is Mr. Lutz supposed to navigate around the site and get good information from our posts if more than half of them offer him nothing good to consider?

nono, its simple all u have to do is not go to to threads that have a name implying that there may be un car related material..like "the lounge", which is really the only one that has un car realted material..

:glare:Posted Image... :lol:

Edited by Charger4U

nono, its simple all u have to do is not go to to threads that have a name implying that there may be un car related material..like "the lounge", which is really the only one that has un car realted material..

:glare:Posted Image... :lol:

Go look in some long threads. They get off topic all the time and really don't address any issue or give someone from GM any good feedback on what they need to do.

Go look in some long threads. They get off topic all the time and really don't address any issue or give someone from GM any good feedback on what they need to do.

o ok, im all for car related in other forums but what i meant is that why try to make "the lounge" all about cars, if it was that way we wouldnt be as tight knit as you advertise.

Well... it's hard to stay on topic if you have trouble makers.

And sometimes there are some good threads that get abandoned really quickly.