New Car!

Hey guys, I figured you might like to see this. Two weekends ago, my girlfriend convinced me to start looking for a new car. I was driving a 2004 Focus that had cost me $3600 in fixes last year, and I was being too stubborn to look for a new car since I'm very dedicated on knocking down my student loans.

Eventually I realized she was right and that I should get something relatively new so I don't have to be friends with the mechanics shop anymore. My main requirements were: manual transmission, 2008+ MY, <40,000 miles, relatively good fuel economy, and relatively good acceleration. So my initial list was:

• Sonic LTZ or RS
  • MazdaSpeed 3
  • Fiesta ST
  • Cooper S
  • VW GTI
  • A3 / A4
  • '10-12 Fusion S
  • '13+ Fusion SE
  • '12+ Focus SE
  • '13+ Focus ST
  • 9-3 2.0T FWD
  • Regal CXL Turbo
  • WRX (non-STi)

I was then able to knock that down to a "short list" consisting of the Saab, Regal, Focus SE, Focus ST, and '13 Fusion. After test driving all of these, I came down to two that I loved. However, one of the two (Saab) was a little too "old" for me and I didn't want to risk seeing the mechanic anytime soon, so I decided on the other. Last night, this is what I picked up...

post-177-0-19742600-1393334817_thumb.jpg

post-177-0-58950600-1393334819_thumb.jpg

She's a 2013 with only 5200 miles. Base model of the ST, so no Recaros, but I'm absolutely OK with that because I found them to be uncomfortable. Only thing I could have possibly added to my wish list was a moonroof, but I don't feel like I was settling whatsoever on this car. Very happy with it so far!

Congratulations, sweet looking little ride. Awesome to have a new auto that you do not have to think about seeing your mechanic any time soon.

Way to go on this new ride and way to go in staying focused on paying off the student loans. My hat is tipped to you! :metal:

That is a good choice. Upon reading your list at first I had hoped you would have picked a Focus or Mazda 3, so I think you made the right decision on the black ST. The Saab would eventually break and parts would be a hassle to find and expensive, the Mini and Audi are also in that unreliable car hall of fame, along with Fiat.

Thanks, all! My impression of it thus far is good, no complaints. I just wish it would warm up around here... these summer tires don't like the cold and brushings of snow we're still getting, and I'm not going to buy winter rubber until the end of the year...