March Car Spotters Thread.

Didn't see one, so I'm starting one..

Saw one of the new '15 Ford F150s on the road or the first time today...silver crew cab, temporary plate...looks like someone really broke in their new truck--was splattered w/ mud and had lots of dents in the aluminum body panels.. also saw a derelict 70s Chevy LUV in a restaurant parking lot--had been red I think at one time, paint was faded to flat orangish..not one panel was straight, nose was crunched in, doors dented, bed sides mashed down..but still in use.  Was a 2 round headlight version, I remember seeing them w/ 4 round lights..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Haven't seen anything of note yet ... b/c I haven't driven much.  BUT, I may be out a bit later today (Saturday) ... & then again next week when the temps warm up a bit more.  Eeeeeegads!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"My eyes to the seasons" __ David Cook __ 'Light On'

Jeez, my fault.  Why not just go in and do a full edit to change your ? to a ! in your title, then you'll be good to go for the munt.

Honestly, my first F-150 sighting was an Enterprise rental, but I am sure they will proliferate soon.

Saw a couple clean classic Cadillacs today--a red '69 de Ville convertible, top down, white interior and a white '67 Fleetwood Sixty Special.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Did drive a bit on Saturday ... the only older cars I saw (other than mine, of course) were parked in their usual spot on US 20 just west of town.  A house out that way has a lot full of them ... a couple El Caminos, a 1990s Caprice, etc.

"The scar, that scar remains" __ Poison __ 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'

Saw a red w/ white vinyl top '68 Riviera in my office parking garage again..been seeing it a couple times a week lately.  Also I've seen a sharp red '64 Valiant convertible driving w/ the top down 4 times in the last 5 days in my neighborhood.

Vega drag car (slicks, front runners, gauges on the cowl, nice paint) idle into highway gas station & pop the hatch to access the fuel cell.

68 Dodge Coronet R/T coupe, grey primer, huge hood bulge, parked at strip mall.

'63 Studebaker Lark sedan, champagne color, restored, rolling.

My Canyon is at the dealership today to have the GMC Accessories soft cloth folding tonneau cover installed.  The service department provided me with a new 2015 Buick LaCrosse loaner vehicle (well, actually they provided me with a GMC Terrain but the wife jumped on the LaCrosse offer).  She's enjoying the car very much, has been smiling from ear to ear since about 7:30 PM last night.  She's not one to talk "car" much, especially at work, but she's been chatting the Buick up with anyone that will listen.  She was set on getting a 2016 Buick Cascada after seeing it at the Philly Auto Show in February, but she's always liked the LaCrosse since it was introduced in 2010 (all new model).  I fear a 2nd car payment will soon be among the many financial issues we'll have to deal with.

post-418-0-59711500-1426276274_thumb.jpg

Saw several '15 Explorers and Edges last week...a street next to my office building in Scottsdale was blocked off by the police 4 mornings in a row...it appears Ford was filming a commercial on that street--saw several '15 F150s, Transits, Mustangs, etc also there.

Also saw a dark blue '15 Charger on Friday, first I'd seen in person, looks much better than in pics, esp. w/ some chrome on the grille.

After riding in a 2015 Charger that Drew rented a few weeks ago, I finally saw another one "in the wild" on Saturday.

Also saw a mid-1970s Cadillac out.  A bit surprised, since salt is still on the roads 'round here....

"Was it worth it?" __ Taylor Swift __ 'Should've Said No'

Driving to work on the NJ Turnpike Monday morning I spotted this former Cadillac ambulance (hearse?) on the back of a car carrier:

post-418-0-38759900-1426710408_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-82622600-1426710416_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-53086400-1426710424_thumb.jpg

Today I took the day off from work to relax (!) and run some errands. While taking a road less travelled, I stumbled upon this '79 Chevy C-10 Silverado:

post-418-0-99633500-1426710399_thumb.jpg

Either way ... that is AWESOME, Roger!

Course, I'm also partial to that 1979 Silverado ... love that color combo!

"We'll keep you close as always" __ Michael W Smith __ 'Friends'

Thanks, Cort.  I've been on the hunt for '73-'87 GM square body pickups. I've noted about four that I want to get pictures of; problem is most are on private property so it's hard to do that without legally trespassing ;)  This particular '79 was parked on the street when I passed by, but I think the owner was doing yard work when I paused to take the picture :lol:

I've been on the hunt for '73-'87 GM square body pickups. I've noted about four that I want to get pictures of; problem is most are on private property so it's hard to do that without legally trespassing ;)  This particular '79 was parked on the street when I passed by, but I think the owner was doing yard work when I paused to take the picture :lol:

LOL!  I have the same "issues" with taking pics "on the street" ... plus, these days, owners might take it the wrong way.  *sighs*

I've featured a few 1973-87 GM pickups & have more pics of a friend's pickup (similar color combo as the '79 you found) to feature on my website.  My friend's is newer, tho ... early-mid 1980s, as I recall.

The 1st vehicle I ever drove was a relative of those pickups ... a red/white 1979 Blazer.

"We all do the best we can" __ Blaine Larson __ 'How Do You Get That Lonely?'

Threw the battery charger on my Toronado today and took it out for a drive for the first time since November.  :)  :)

Nice!!!!

I miss those days.....

"This heart is gonna mend just fine" __ Sawyer Brown __ 'This Night Won't Last Forever'

Saw my first MB EV Class B auto brand new still had a paper in the window no plates yet. Did not realize they had actually started to sell them here yet. 85 mile range same as but better looking than the Nissan leaf that was next to it. Starting at $33,950 guess MB is truly no longer a luxury car maker but a competitor to Chevy, Nissan, Ford, etc.

While better looking than allot of EV's out there. has a cheap look to the nose and general over all view. My wife was surprised to see it and brought up the I thought they were luxury only maker.

post-12-0-80386400-1427064620_thumb.jpg

Haven't been out driving in a while ... hope to do some tomorrow (Tuesday) before my Wednesday pacemaker replacement.

"Time is a natural healer" __ John Conlee __ 'Years After You'

Let's see.

Tuesday ... saw a pair of mid-1990s Caprice Classics, along with a 2015 Colorado....

Wednesday ... slept on the way into Chicago for my pacemaker replacement ... & slept on the way home b/c I was still somewhat "sedated".

"So tired that I couldn't even sleep" __ Soul Asylum __ 'Runaway Train'

Let's see.

Tuesday ... saw a pair of mid-1990s Caprice Classics, along with a 2015 Colorado....

Wednesday ... slept on the way into Chicago for my pacemaker replacement ... & slept on the way home b/c I was still somewhat "sedated".

"So tired that I couldn't even sleep" __ Soul Asylum __ 'Runaway Train'

Good to hear that everything went well!

Saw a Plymouth Scamp GT today driven by a baby boomer. Still in really good shape. Was surprised. The wife asked me what that was as she had never seen one before. I told her it was a flash back to the early 80's. :P

Good to hear that everything went well!

Thank you!

Haven't ventured outside since Wednesday when I came home.  So, the only cars I've seen ... well, the only one of importance, anyway, is my 1979 Caprice Classic ... LOL!

*ducks*

"Someday slowly turns to never" __ Tanya Tucker __ 'Soon'

Saw a few interesting cars over the weekend in Oh & Pa...including a solid dark blue '65 Olds 88 4dr sedan,  a red '75/76 Eldorado convertible, and a '15 Mustang GT in '65 Shelby colors (white w/ blue stripes). 

Also saw a number of cars and trucks less than 15 years old (a couple Silverados, Rangers, etc) with serious rust and rust holes...don't see that in AZ... :)  Also several of the new Transits in various liveries incl. UHAUL.