April Car Spotters Thread

Opps, forgot to post mine.  Appropriate for the new spring weather, I saw a car carrier full of new Chevy Sparks in pastel colors (well, at least pastel blue stood out among the other red, white, and silver Sparks).  It was a small carrier, had 10 new cars fully loaded on the trailer, heading south on the NJ Turnpike in the Robbinsville/Washington Twp area.

Saw 4 current Rollers in traffic--black and silver blinged out Phantom on chrome 24 inch wheels, white Ghost, dark blue and silver Phantom Drophead Coupe, and a dark red and silver Wraith (the oh-so-sweet fastback coupe).  Also a white Aston Martin DBS V12 coupe.  Also saw a white ATS-v coupe--first I'd seen--I like the looks.  Also a dark gray CTS-v wagon.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Awesomely, quite a few Ford Crown Victorias on the way back from the hospital following Wednesday's pacemaker follow-up.  (I slept on the way in.)

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"My ticker's ticking like they say it should" __ Montgomery Gentry __ 'Lucky Man'

Parked at a residence, a gleaming white Nissan NV200 van with black side moldings and aftermarket (size-appropriate 15") alloys.  It was interesting, kind of triumphant, reveling in its ugliness, function over form and just not giving one single f*ck.  I admire that.

My 1979 Caprice Classic had to be at the doctor's office while I was doing my endo-colonoscopies.  So, today, they sent someone to pick me up ... he was driving a late 1990s Mercury Grand Marquis ... GORGEOUS!

Too gloomy out today to see much else interesting.

"We never stop to think what we consume" __ Bellamy Brothers __ 'Kids Of The Baby Boom'

Monday while taking the kids out for some fun (had the day off) I passed a car carrier with this awesome yellow 1957 Cadillac on I-195 East (I assume it was heading towards the NJ Turnpike or maybe to the Jersey shore?).  Whoever is getting it is one lucky person, she was a beaut!!

post-418-0-44202000-1428611932_thumb.jpg

I was out a bit this afternoon, but it was rainy, so didn't really see too much interesting.

However, I took a 2nd look when I saw a dark brown (I think?) 2015 GMC Sierra.....

"Did the trail of yellow brick come to an end?" __ Debby Boone __ 'Are You On The Road To Lovin' Me Again?'

Went for a short drive Friday PM.  Saw a number of older cars out after the Thursday storms.  Kinda made me melancholy, actually.  Then, I drove past a house that had SEVERAL b-body-ish type sedans on its lot ... obviously awaiting demolition derby use.  *sighs*

"There is more than one way to say exactly what you mean to say" __ Fastball __ 'Out Of My Mind'

Old clam shell Chevy wagon at my local kroger. Bright blue, nice color......

Ohhhhhhhh ... my goodness mercy me.  Too bad you didn't get any pics of that ... love those wagons, particularly the Caprice edition, of course. ;)

"I know every engineer on every train" __ Roger Miller __ 'King Of The Road'

On the way home from work this evening, a Valiant 4 door, in the usual 70's mustard color with off-white vinyl roof.  Later model (mid-70's) front clip gelling perfectly with older (early 70's) body.  Leveled, lowered slightly, on torque thrust wheels.  Very clean and tasteful.

Saw an unusual mid '90s Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham-based limosuine today in traffic...white, raised roof, lengthened about a foot and a half at the B-pillar.  Tried snapping pics but I only got the front end and rear..

Didn't see anything Friday of note....

HOWEVER ... Sunday, was out celebrating sister's birthday ... & spotted a 2015 Colorado (brown, I believe) out in the wild ... plates on it already!  Also saw a handful of vintage vehicles, too.......

"Here today, forgot tomorrow" __ Duran Duran __ 'Ordinary World'

Saw a white Fisker Karma in traffic yesterday, first one I'd seen in a while..

Apparently a number of new Fisker Karmas have been spotted in the wild, cleverly disguised as old Fisker Karmas.  The cars are going back into production and these are undergoing testing, but as I understand it, the branding will eventually be different. 

Saw a derelict but still running '89-ish Pontiac 6000STE, was a silver blue/darker blue two tone, had surface rust on the hood/roof/decklid, tatty bumpers, and likely non-functioning A/C (people don't drive on 100 degree days w/ the windows down here unless their A/C is shot).   Haven't seen one of these in ages....