Vehicle: Ford Taurus (1997)

Name: Ford Taurus (1997)

Date Added: 28 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

Owner: TaurusSHO

Short Description: We've owned it since March 1999. I grew to love it and was able to keep my dad from selling it. Been driving it since 2011 when I got my drivers license. Absolutely love the sound of the Vulcan even if it's not fast.

View Vehicle

The 3.0 DOHC Duratec had 200 hp/200 tq.  I have the OHV Vulcan.  There's really nothing I can do that will add more than a few hp lol.  I've thought about adding suspension stuff, but I'd rather just save my money for my next car. 

@Drew No doubt!  On the way home from Pittsburgh in 2011 we averaged 34MPG.  Granted, the average speed was probably around 50mph, but still impressive, imo.

Ah, well it's good you're happy with what you've got. A lot of people can't say that. My first car was a mildly embarrassing economy car and nothing more. 115 galloping horsepower and maroon-red paint that had faded into a very feminine dull pink.

Oh my lol, doesn't sound like fun.  Our LeBaron only has 100hp and a three speed auto.  Now THAT is slow when you step on it.

Edited by TaurusSHO

Drove my dorky pink-ish Camry from senior year of highschool to my senior year of college. Then my parents gave me a loan to get the Malibu. Don't get the wrong impression though, it wasn't so much a graduation present as it was my dad being sick of repairing wear and tear on a 20 year old car.

It's funny, I actually know what a LeBaron is, but only because of Veronica Mars.

Drove my dorky pink-ish Camry from senior year of highschool to my senior year of college. Then my parents gave me a loan to get the Malibu. Don't get the wrong impression though, it wasn't so much a graduation present as it was my dad being sick of repairing wear and tear on a 20 year old car.

It's funny, I actually know what a LeBaron is, but only because of Veronica Mars.

I know what a LeBaron is better than I know what Veronica Mars is.  I know it was a show, about something, and then there was a movie, and wasn't the movie crowd-funded?

I know what a LeBaron is better than I know what Veronica Mars is.  I know it was a show, about something, and then there was a movie, and wasn't the movie crowd-funded?

Yep. Not my favorite show in the whole world, but the first season is excellent. It was Kristin Bell's big break, she seems like a cool chick that you could drink a beer and yell at video games with. She plays the daughter of a P.I. who knows way too much of the trade for her own good.

3246482682_1_3_VSFai2aZ.jpg

Edited by cp-the-nerd

Ah, well it's good you're happy with what you've got. A lot of people can't say that. My first car was a mildly embarrassing economy car and nothing more. 115 galloping horsepower and maroon-red paint that had faded into a very feminine dull pink.

My first car was a five-speed Chevette. You guys have nothing to feel bad about.

My first car was a five-speed Chevette. You guys have nothing to feel bad about.

Now I feel really babied by my '95 Maxima. Btw, Kristin Bell played some really for lack of better words: horny, daddy issues, looking to get down with the first guy that winks at her kind of girl in Heroes. She played that role well enough. Acting wise okay, but I thought she's pretty.

Any other comments would require me going into the pretty women thread. Oh wait, that one's gone... 

Now I feel really babied by my '95 Maxima. Btw, Kristin Bell played some really for lack of better words: horny, daddy issues, looking to get down with the first guy that winks at her kind of girl in Heroes. She played that role well enough. Acting wise okay, but I thought she's pretty.

Any other comments would require me going into the pretty women thread. Oh wait, that one's gone... 

Yeah, I remember her in heroes. She was awesome. The writing on that show fizzled out really rapidly though. Massive plot holes, entire characters written out of the show, story arcs that dragged for an entire season that should have been wrapped up in 2 episodes... big mess.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

Yeah, I remember her in heroes. She was awesome. The writing on that show fizzled out really rapidly though. Massive plot holes, entire characters written out of the show, story arcs that dragged for an entire season that should have been wrapped up in 2 episodes... big mess.

I loved Heroes, though it never rebounded the way it should have after the writers' strike season.  I'm very excited that it's coming back.  There was a lot of great stuff there, but sometimes it wasn't handled as well as it should have been.