Gun Enthusiasts Thread

Thed

This is a thread for gun enthusiasts, no matter how many or how little firearms you have, here's the place to talk about them.

JUST TO BE CLEAR, this thread should contain NO political views or standpoints. It is only here to discuss the guns themselves.

This thread over at MT was one of the very few that was able to remain civil throughout its rather lengthy existence. I have no doubt a more civilized group can do the same or better.

Let's kick this off... I'll be getting a S&W M&P40 around August. Hopefully I can have my conceal carry by the end of the year. The S&W is going to be my first firearm purchase, so I'm getting it used. I'm going to get ammo for it tomorrow.

Nice choice. A buddy of mine has an M&P .45(full size, wouldn't carry that) and it's a pretty sweet firearm. I've only shot it once but it's awesome. Sounds stupid but, what color are you getting? I only ask because my friend got his in desert tan and looks awesome. I didn't know if they made it in OD green as well or just black and desert tan.

What made you narrow it down to that specific model handgun? (Nice choice by the way.)

I'll be looking into shotguns soon, personally. Pump action and American made, I was thinking winchester 12 gauge, but I'm not well versed in fire arms. I would love some input.

Mainly I wanted something affordable and reliable. Sure the ammo isn't the cheapest, but I'm getting a good deal on a used police-issue handgun. The gun itself with three magazines and night sights for $350. 

Nice choice. A buddy of mine has an M&P .45(full size, wouldn't carry that) and it's a pretty sweet firearm. I've only shot it once but it's awesome. Sounds stupid but, what color are you getting? I only ask because my friend got his in desert tan and looks awesome. I didn't know if they made it in OD green as well or just black and desert tan.

Standard black. Nothing too fancy. Like I said, it'll be my first firearm purchase. This doesn't mean I haven't been around guns before, I just have never had one in my name. 

Have an 1892 Springfield Trapdoor rifle, currently at a high end gun shop on consignment.

Striking story; my wife -as a kid- took it to grade school for show & tell. No problems, no lockdown, no police… it was certainly a different time!!

We have my great grandfathers winchester model 1892 in .38-40, its such a fun gun to shoot. i love how smooth the action is even at its age. finding ammo was tedious and expensive until cowboy action shooting took off though. my current fav gun in my collection is a remington model 8A in .35 remington. according to the numbers it was prodiced around 1916. its a dream to shoot and everytime i shoulder it i wonder what it's seen.