Battle Creek Michigan

i just got back from 5 days in battle creek... most of you guys from michigan are probably wondering "why the hell would you go to battle creek?"... well i had a national gymnastics competition there... so i unfortunately was stuck there for 5 days...

the place sucks... its boring as hell... the cereal city place run by keloggs is awful... the zoo is half decent... and every girl i saw except the ones from outside michigan was not attractive...

but what i really want to share... is what happened in the rental car...

we walk up to the Hertz counter... im fully expecting an impala or G6... so im prepared for a nice ride but a generally boring powertrain... and then i hear this from my fathers mouth "oh you have a charger? we'll take that" my eyes widen... but then i remember... rental... its gunna be a V6... damn...

we walk onto the lot and find the car... and i see two letters that for that instant make me a very happy kid... "R/T" on the back of the car... i dont even let my dad start it... i immediately check under the hood to verify... and there it is... a 350 hp 5.7 liter hemi sitting in this RWD sport sedan... maybe battle creek wont suck so bad after all

i was wrong

there is actually only one complaint i have... but the complaint pretty much destroys any possibility of fun in the car... the suspension... floats more than my moms 2004 caddy DHS... it ruins the entire experience... the power is there... you can hear it... but you cant feel it... the suspension doesnt let you feel a thing... this car would easily destroy mine in a race, but if you didnt know the numbers on the engines... and had a ride in both... you would pick mine as the more powerful... a SPORT sedan should not float... it should stick to the road and let you feel everything... but this doesnt... and it ruined the whole thing... and im very dissappointed in DCX for doing that

i just got back from 5 days in battle creek

the place sucks... ... and every girl i saw except the ones from outside michigan was not attractive...

I'm sure the Midwesterners on the site won't dig your dig. Hey, I went to the Univ. of Illinois from the other coast and boarded a plane 2 hours after my last final. Ciao, baby. It's not me. I'm a southern latitudes kind of person. Spring and summer only? No change of seasons? NO problem. That's what plane rides to Montreal for peak color are for!

Incidentally, a lot of Midwestern chicks will (eventually) put on a caboose. If not sooner, than later. Part of it is those big Germanic and Scandinavian frames (look at wrists and ankles as a foretelling feature) and the other is that it's easy to want to eat when you're stuck inside and it's face-freezing cold.

Edited by trinacriabob

I'm sure the Midwesterners on the site won't dig your dig.  Hey, I went to the Univ. of Illinois from the other coast and boarded a plane 2 hours after my last final.  Ciao, baby.  It's not me.  I'm a southern latitudes kind of person.  Spring and summer only? No change of seasons? NO problem.  That's what plane rides to Montreal for peak color are for!

Incidentally, a lot of Midwestern chicks will (eventually) put on a caboose.  If not sooner, than later.  Part of it is those big Germanic and Scandinavian frames (look at wrists and ankles as a foretelling feature) and the other is that it's easy to want to eat when you're stuck inside and it's face-freezing cold.

It's true. Though there are some real hotties around Indiana...but only in the richer areas. There really is an inverse relationship between wealth and obesity.

There really is an inverse relationship between wealth and obesity.

Like the lady with her hair in a net in the food line at IU:

"You won' feesh, ij ya?"

i wasnt sayin that all michigan girls are ugly... i was just relating my experience haha... just the fact that there wasnt even anythin pleasant to look at made the place even worse is all im saying... and thats only in one town... and i couldnt have possibly seen every girl in town... so im going on a very small observation here...

oh i didnt see yur previous post haha i was responding to trinacria's statement

I'm sure the Midwesterners on the site won't dig your dig.

but yes obviously since you live there... you would know... that sucks man... are there at least some goodlooking ones?

but yes obviously since you live there... you would know... that sucks man... are there at least some goodlooking ones?

If that's to me, then yes, there are some good looking ones. Unfortunately, most of them are bitches or drink far too often.

Guest Josh

Yeah, my friend's '95 Neon feels a lot faster than mine, but that don't mean a damn thing :AH-HA_wink:

Anyway, there aren't many gorgeous girls or great places for a teen to visit in Michigan..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bullllll&#036;h&#33; you went to a JoCaine concert you should be telling stories!

Also as far as Battle Creek goes, it's produced the only possibly positive thing and that's.......

Rob.....Van.....Dam

Posted Image

Bullllll&#036;h&#33; you went to a JoCaine concert you should be telling stories!

Also as far as Battle Creek goes, it's produced the only possibly positive thing and that's.......

Rob.....Van.....Dam

Posted Image

Wow, its claim to fame is some cheesy-looking dude who shaves his body hair :rolleyes: Gosh, I'm just missing out.

... but the complaint pretty much destroys any possibility of fun in the car... the suspension... floats more than my moms 2004 caddy DHS... it ruins the entire experience... the power is there... you can hear it... but you cant feel it... the suspension doesnt let you feel a thing...

I can always install firm shocks on a Charger and it will

probably cost me about 03% of the cost of converting a

Impala, Lucerne or DTS to longitudinaly-mounted

engine & RWD with IRS. :wink:

Your complaint of the suspension being too soft makes

me want an R/T even more. It's the motion of the ocean!

Rob.....Van.....Dam

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/WWE...ob_Van_Dam5.jpg

Well, that doesn't make Port Huron a great place because Edison was born there :AH-HA_wink:

Yeah, we have good concerts and stuff, but our city is nowhere near as nice as other big cities.. aka where Detroit SHOULD be but can't be.

I hear up in idlewild theres some hot chicks also up in Luther. :roflmao: (no offense if you know any one that lives there I know the area to well)

I hate the look of the Charger.

I love cruising down country roads and Battle creek ain't thats bad u's no!