Beautiful Cars Appreciation Thread

oldshurst442

3 minutes ago, David said:

Disagree vote is just too strong with the red down arrow, but I just have never really gotten into Bugatti and especially the watches just are Blah weird to me. Guess I am just too simple for something too complex. :P 

Its NOT about the watches nor the car.   Its about the WHOLE picture.

About the watches first.   The brand:  Pargiani Fleurier.  A new Swiss watch company.  Made in...Switzerland.  The land of fine watches.  (rolls my eyes as watch snobs have this place as some sort of mythical watch making land)  

Tis true that Switzerland is home to many fine watch makers.  Almost all are of the high end.  Careful and precise horology engineering.  

OK...ALL watches posted are of the watch maker Parmigiani Fleurier.  And ALL of them are under the Bugatti name and were specifically made for the car.  The Veyron, The Chiron and all other successor variants of...   I ONLY like the first watch posted.  I HATE the middle one and I appreciate the last one.  BUT...the middle and last one  will always be appreciative with me. Not about the looks or the c=very very very high price tag, but for the very precise and out of the box thinking for a watch.  And I LIKE that kind of wierd thing for watches.  

The cars themselves:  I never liked the Veyron and the variants of.  But the engineering IS insane on them.  

But...if we glance at the WHOLE imagery of the pics posted:  elegant with old mansions, in France, Paris in some instances.  Elegance and arrogance in a European kind of way.  

Elegance and Arrogance in an American kind of way was kinda already done when I posted the watch theme with the Rolex and Cartier a while back.  

I could revist this theme.  Actually I will.  With an American arrogance of luxury and privilege!!!

I may include songs too...  

GREAT IDEA.  I I WLL DO THAT!!! 

• Like 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti Aerolithe Performance

Exquisite Collection Of Classic Bugatti Grand Prix Racers Returns To The  Brand's Home | Carscoops

Introducing the Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti Type 390, inspired by the  impressive 2016 Bugatti Chiron (with live pics) - Monochrome Watches

Bugatti Chiron Sport And Pur Sport Paris Test Drive

Parmigiani Fleurier – Bugatti 390 Concept Watch

Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 'Golden Era': una pieza única con dibujos  pintados a mano - La Tercera

This one-off Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 'Golden Era' is a 273mph sketchpad  | Top Gear

Parmigiani Bugatti: A Retrospective Look - Grail Watch

In Photos: Leopold III's Bugatti goes up for auction

BUGATTI Paris, France |

One-off Bugatti Chiron Profilée sells for record $10.7M at auction

I'm not typically a fan of non-watch brands making/branding watches but I can appreciate the craftsmanship that's gone into them. The only one I'd actually wear on my wrist is the first one here but the rest are "neat". 

30 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

(rolls my eyes as watch snobs have this place as some sort of mythical watch making land)

Some of my favorites are actually from Japan, Grand Seiko, Seiko, and Citizen has a couple automatics that I really want, as well. 

But yes, the whole "made in Swiss" thing is a little absurd... 

• Agree 2
  • Great Idea! 1

10 hours ago, David said:

Where is the EV Firebird? ;) 

What's with the face???

Smirk Face GIFs | Tenor

Its a tribute to Burt Reynolds. The watch from one of his movies that he wore and his movie cars. Mainly the Trans Am.  I dont understand where the EV smugness comes from regarding an EV Trans Am?  I dont understand the connection you wanna make with it?

But...you are more than wlecomed to post not only an EV Trans Am, but any car you would want to post. EV or otherwise...

Wink Point GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

What's with the face???

Smirk Face GIFs | Tenor

Its a tribute to Burt Reynolds. The watch from one of his movies that he wore and his movie cars. Mainly the Trans Am.  I dont understand where the EV smugness comes from regarding an EV Trans Am?  I dont understand the connection you wanna make with it?

But...you are more than wlecomed to post not only an EV Trans Am, but any car you would want to post. EV or otherwise...

Wink Point GIFs | Tenor

Missed the whole Burt Reynolds thing, thought it was about the TransAm / Firebird. :D 

No smugness my friend intended. 

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:35 PM, ccap41 said:

I'm not typically a fan of non-watch brands making/branding watches but I can appreciate the craftsmanship that's gone into them. The only one I'd actually wear on my wrist is the first one here but the rest are "neat". 

Some of my favorites are actually from Japan, Grand Seiko, Seiko, and Citizen has a couple automatics that I really want, as well. 

But yes, the whole "made in Swiss" thing is a little absurd... 

I have getting a Seiko on my bucket list.  I had one and I loved it.  It was a toned down design with a gold (not real gold) face and a dark brown leather band.  As I scrambled to leave the hotel to get to the airport in Italy, I realized when I got home that I left it at the hotel.  I haven't done much of that in my life.  I'm more careful than that.

I currently have a Timex Expedition.  It has the dark face that lights up in blue.  I also have a leather strap on it.  The metallic ones pinch hairs and that's annoying.

This Timex is over 10 years old and performs faultlessly.  It's very tasteful looking nonetheless.  I got it at "Wally World." The price was a steal.  They don't sell them for those prices anymore.

The new Seiko is still on my bucket list.  It's that they have a zillion designs, and they vary by merchant, and it has been hard to make up my mind.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Miami Yacht Charters - Luxury Yacht Rentals in Florida and The Bahamas

Luxury Motor Boat Rental Miami, FL | Pershing Mega yacht Sailo 50072

Lamborghini Urus Miami Blue - Verified Miami

There was a window that was even open up to about 15 years ago where the Miami area was still relatively affordable.  Maybe not Coral Gables and Coconut Grove, and certainly not Miami Beach, but many still safe enough parts of Miami proper.  You might be sort of a token non-Hispanic white, but you could befriend your many Cuban neighbors.  They'd love to feed you.

That same window was sort of available in decent enough parts of Broward and Palm Beach Counties right above Miami-Dade.  Maybe even east of I-95 in some cases (that means closer to the water).  That window has also closed.

Money leaving SoCal, NorCal, New England, and New York has shifted to other places and South Florida should have been no surprise.  I knew some people growing up who were (still are) Cuban who moved to Miami shortly after finishing college.  If they wanted a sizable Cuban community, the pocket sized ones on the West Coast would not have worked for them.   Not only that, and I hate to say this, the chemistry between my Mexican-American friends, California's dominant Hispanic demographic, and my Cuban friends was non-existent.  I'm not stating anything that's not already well known.  It's not a hostile situation, but an uncomfortable aloof one.  It was pointless to have them at a restaurant or at a party together.

I think they locked in on the palatable South Florida prices prior to the big jump.  I didn't ask them how much they paid for their dwellings, but they seem to have happily settled in!

• Educational 1

On 9/2/2023 at 12:57 PM, trinacriabob said:

The new Seiko is still on my bucket list.  It's that they have a zillion designs, and they vary by merchant, and it has been hard to make up my mind.

Because they do have a ton of different designs and then colors to go with those styles, I find it muuuuch easier to just look online and order. I know that's not the best for something you wear, because you want to try it on, but it's tough to find the cheap mechanical watches in stores. It's pretty much a jewelry store with a bunch of high end stuff or you get lucky at a Macys or something that just so happens to have a mechanical watch, which is rare. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

2024 Toyota Land Cruiser World Premiere! 🤩 Specs, Wallpapers, Videos,  Pricing Starts Mid-$50k | 2024+ Land Cruiser Forum (TNGA-F Platform) News,  Owners, Community -- LandCruiserGAF.com

2023 Toyota 4Runner - News, reviews, picture galleries and videos - The Car  Guide

Toyota Land Cruiser Arctic Truck

Toyota Prices 2019 Sequoia SUV | AutoTrader.ca

2023 Toyota SUVs: What's New for RAV4, 4Runner, Highlander, and More

Yes...even this one is torture DESPITE being a quite capable and interesting ENTHUSIAST car...   

Nothing to do with it being a hatch.  Nor a 3 cylinder.  But EVERYTHING to do with it being a Toyota...  

2023 Toyota GR Corolla First Drive Review: Impressively Balanced - CNET

Evolution from 1st gen to 8th gen | HISTORY | Hilux 50th Anniversary  Special Website | Exclusive Product Stories | Toyota Brand | Mobility |  Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

1979 Toyota Hilux SR5 | Motoexotica Classic Cars

For Sale: A "Back To The Future Specification" 1985 Toyota Hilux

How a Toyota Compact Truck Could Be a Game Changer | Pinehurst Toyota

Project Cars: 1985 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Drive

TOYOTA HILUX 88-97 4RUNNER SURF WORKSHOP SERVICE MANUAL BIBLE PARTS | eBay

Last of the Legends : Nissan NP300 Hardbody - CMH Nissan Pinetown

Nissan Xterra Is Going To Every National Park With A Hole In The Roof |  CarBuzz

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 2

This theme reminds me of some sort of covert detective and/or vigilante.  A cross between a James Bond character and  Inspector Clouseau without the clumsiness.     But no military or government technology or help.   Maybe like Batman but grounded in reality.  

1965 Chrysler 300L by AmericanMuscle on DeviantArt

AUCTION: 1965 Chrysler 300L Hardtop Coupe - MoparInsiders

FEATURE - 1965 CHRYSLER 300L - JUST CARS

FEATURE - 1965 CHRYSLER 300L - JUST CARS

1975 Aston Martin Lagonda Series I | Hagerty Insider

Bonhams Is Auctioning a Rare Aston Martin Lagonda at No Reserve – Robb  Report

Aston Martin Lagonda (1974-1989)

Modern Collectibles Revealed: 2005 Volkswagen Phaeton W12 - The Fast Lane  Car

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton W12 For Sale Cars Bids, 54% OFF

Lucid Air Grand Touring (2023) price and specifications - EV Database

Lucid Air debuts: Lucid Motors reveals electric car with 517-mi range

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if these pics qualify as "beautiful" but this was back in '88 or '89, when my dad was in the middle of setting his 914 up for a new paint job, which included painting the black targa top and surrounding trim white to match the rest of the car. I will have to hunt for the "after" pics the next time I am at his house but I came across these and it really took me back.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 10.45.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 10.45.09 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

I don't know if these pics qualify as "beautiful" but this was back in '88 or '89, when my dad was in the middle of setting his 914 up for a new paint job, which included painting the black targa top and surrounding trim white to match the rest of the car. I will have to hunt for the "after" pics the next time I am at his house but I came across these and it really took me back.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 10.45.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 10.45.09 AM.png

Very cool Surreal, hope you can find the finished pictures as it would be great to see how it looked afterwards.