Absence for the summer

I got a summer internship in Des Moines, but the place I'm staying only has dial-up internet, so I doubt I will be using the internet much if at all this summer. It's going to be an adjustment because I usually check C&G every night. So if I go up missing here for a while, that's where I am...without the internet. About the only chance I'll get to go online is when I go home or if I drive up to ISU to visit friends up there who have it.

So as my buddy would say, "Welp, schee ya!"...but I'll be back in full force in August! Hopefully I don't miss out on some good spies of the Silverado and Sierra.

:CG_all:

Hey mustang,

Have fun with your internship!

Hopefully you'll be back online with us well before my October trip (looks like it, since you mention August) as I plan to be in the Des Moines area. Perhaps we could meet up.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"How can anybody be so lucky?" ... John Conlee ... 'Domestic Life'

I'm glad you got yourself an internship. Congrats! Be sure to learn a lot. Will you be doing residential or commercial? (No need to name the firm). I am sure that you will also like being close to home rather than schlepping to some far away place to pull off an internship.

Also, be sure to relax some. It will be nice to get to 40 to 50 hour weeks instead of those crazy architecture school hours that go around the clock (I remember shaking from all the caffeine - bad memories - visions of trash cans full of empty Mountain Dew cans) and you'll get to make money.

I've done C&G on dial up. It's not impossible. Be sure to check in when you can!

I'm glad you got yourself an internship.  Congrats!  Be sure to learn a lot.  Will you be doing residential or commercial?  (No need to name the firm).  I am sure that you will also like being close to home rather than schlepping to some far away place to pull off an internship.

Also, be sure to relax some.  It will be nice to get to 40 to 50 hour weeks instead of those crazy architecture school hours that go around the clock (I remember shaking from all the caffeine - bad memories - visions of trash cans full of empty Mountain Dew cans) and you'll get to make money.

I've done C&G on dial up.  It's not impossible.  Be sure to check in when you can!

Right now its ECA stack and Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper...ahhhhh the allnighters I've pulled...

The best is when you have to make a presentation at, ohhhhhhhh 6pm and you were up the entire night prior finishing it up and doing other $h!...yea I was so enthused during that accounting powerpoint...

The firm I'm at does commercial/institutional mostly. It's a smaller office of about 15 people, with about 50 in the main office. When I went there for the job interview, everyone was friendly and I actually know two of the people there since they were ISU students (one was my digital media TA). It sounds like I will be doing a little fieldwork, model building, and some Autocad/Sketchup work. I'm leaving later today for the place I'm living, and then I start Wednesday morning.

Haha, I remember all those Mountain Dew nights too...all too well. Before my final presentation a couple weeks ago, I stayed up nearly all night two nights in a row (1 hour of sleep max) and my hands were literally shaking the morning of the review. I crashed for a solid 15 hour block after that.

The reason I won't be able to get on the internet isn't the dailup as much as it will tie up the phone line of the family I'm staying with for the summer. My dad was saying something about Verizon offering wireless internet that I might look into. I have wireless on my computer, it's just a problem of finding service for it.

You won't be able to stay away.... ;)

Agreed, either way don't be a stranger and best of luck!

Who? O yeah we will miss you and back to more important issues...

Really have a great time and congrats as for you have entered into hell that is the rest of your life as work. HELL=WORK

But remeber to learn and not goof off!! Have Fun and Good luck! :congrats: