2016 Buick Cascada interior design video

Paolino

So....

This guy is the head of Buick design in Michigan, and I was appalled by his presentation of the Cascada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPL8nxbTKDE

Problems I had:

1. "The fit and finish is superior in this vehicle."  Superior to what?
  2. "It's a very simple interior."  You have 46 buttons on the center stack.  FORTY-SIX.  All touching each other.
  3. "This car is not all about the latest technologies.... It's more about the driver's experience, and sense of well-being."  Perhaps you shouldn't lead off with saying this car doesn't have the latest technology.
  4. "... very simple controls, very simple layout."  FORTY-SIX buttons and 4 dials in your center stack, squished together.
  5. "This is a perforated leather.  This enables the heated seats." It enables the heated seats to what?  You just stopped mid-sentence.  I know a ton of cars with heated seats that don't have perforated leather.  Why should I care?
  6. "This is a Buick-exclusive color, neutral."  No it isn't, it's in Chevy, too.  And let's face it, it's light tan.  Nothing special.
  7. "As you can see, you've got very spacious rear-seating compartment for 4 full-sized adults." The front seats are practically touching the rear seats, they're so far back.  He claims he has additional knee-room, yet his knees are inside the seat cutouts for he knees, and it appears they're touching the seat.  And then he says the seat is "almost all the way back".  Well, then, when the seat is back completely, an adult can't sit back there.
  8. He boasts the electrically-assisted buttons in the trunk to fold the rear seats flat, but then he has to walk up to the rear seats and unzip a seal.  Why did I need the electric-assist if I had to reach into the car by the rear seats anyway?

Am I being too nit-picky?

• Agree 1

I think he was just "off".  He makes a lot of verbal mistakes in the video..... the drive was a 3 day trip to Key West, he was probably out drinking the night before. 

As for the controls, It has the same control stack as my Encore, and while yes there are a lot of buttons, it is still very simple to operate. 

This is Buick trying to avoid the fact that this is an older model that we're just seeing for the first time. So it's nowhere near the execution of even the 2014+ Regal, Lacrosse, Enclave, etc. Needless to say it's not in the same ballpark of genuinely new Buicks for 2016 and 2017 that have been unveiled this year.

Never allow this person to present another product to the public, again. 

I think the "exclusive leather" comment was the pattern of the perforation of the leather. 

The comment he made about haven't been in the back seat yet threw my patience with his stammering over its limit. 

Overall, it's a very nice vehicle. Small market though. I like the folding rear seats, interior color choice, the quality of the execution and follow through. 

The buttons don't bother me much. 

• Agree 1