Nissan: Introducing the Fuel Station of the Future

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Nissan: Introducing the Fuel Station of the Future

Per Nissan, 54% of the world population lives in cities. The need to not waste space for traditional gas stations makes the power companies your new station by having inductive charging in the streets and having the auto's self charge and self park to free up the charging space for others to use. Zero emission where the world will eventually end up at is the belief of the Engineers and Nissan corporation and as such they are looking at the Fuel stations of the Future and how they can be implemented for better use by the population. Nissan believes the V2G or Vehicle to Grid cordless connection is the future. Nissan believes that with a 7 out of 10 people living in Dense Urban areas by 2050 that V2G will play an even bigger role.

This is all part of the current 2016 Green Program by Nissan as well as their long range planning of where they see the future.

post-12-0-09912800-1458146186_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-39113500-1458146188_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-07272400-1458146190_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-99793800-1458146191_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-53739100-1458146194_thumb.jpg

Future Leaf with inductive charging? The IDS Concept is an amazing proto type in autonomous driving but also offers a glimps of Nissans Electric auto's

post-12-0-40979000-1458146218_thumb.jpg

IDS Concept Info

post-12-0-74455700-1458146953_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-39457200-1458146955_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-15657200-1458146957_thumb.jpg

Yet then we also have what is going on now with the Chevy VOLT and Home Wireless charging:

PLUGLESS Wireless charging for the Chevy Volt TODAY!

post-12-0-19647200-1458147353_thumb.jpg

As much as some will resist the EV auto's, Nissan is working on their 60kWh battery pack for the Leaf 2.0 which should be shown off soon possibly at the geneva auto show. This new battery not only is designed to handle rapid DC charging but also is good for 300 miles according to the Nissan. The BOLT pushed Nissan to respond.

So the future could very well be cordless long range rapid charge batteries.

What do you think?

Like I said before many times. The electric car market and its field of competitors is eventually going to explode.

But it certainly won't be the Bolt being the kind of the hill. Not when in a couple months after their launch the Nissan Leaf will be breathing down their neck with a range that is 50% better by taking the claims of both manufacturers.

This is waaaaaay cool. I have to thing the hardest and most difficult part of electrifying things like this is the infrastructure... It looks fantastic once completed but I can't imagine the funds that need to get dumped across the country to be able to make all cities and towns like this. This might be LA in a handful of years but the rest of the country in like 50 years. 

This also makes me genuinely worried about the small super rural towns that may have only 500 people or less and might be 25-50 miles from a town of a few thousand or more..like the super rural. What happens to these people/towns when they can't afford to make a full changeover to electricity that's necessary? How do these people adapt? 

• 3 weeks later...

Inductive charging is already available now so I can see small rural towns having their own pads in their driveway allowing charging of their auto and at the same time when needed pulling power from the car during a storm that takes out power.

Has to start somewhere and with BOLT and about a year after Chevy Nissan having Gen 2 Leaf with a 200+ mile battery also, I think we will see more EV auto's in the next 18-24 months.

Tesla will also help this grow with the T3.

If I can still have my gas car too, I'm gamed for this change...

Would love to put a solar panel on my Garage roof to power a Volt......

That is easily done. Here in Seattle many have added solar panels to fuel their house and EV auto. Costco has some awesome solar panel kits you can buy and either install yourself or pay to be professionally installed.

Inductive charging is already available now so I can see small rural towns having their own pads in their driveway allowing charging of their auto and at the same time when needed pulling power from the car during a storm that takes out power.

Has to start somewhere and with BOLT and about a year after Chevy Nissan having Gen 2 Leaf with a 200+ mile battery also, I think we will see more EV auto's in the next 18-24 months.

I'm talking about the places that are nearly an hour from a WALMART. Like the super rural areas..in mountains and such. I don't see places like that converting to anything very well yet having to buy a vehicle that is electric is crazy to them. 

I just think it will be a difficult transition period for the 1%(probably most like 0.1%). Then these people also need mechanics but the mechanics are also in the boonies and have never worked on anything 2010 or newer... 

I'm talking about the places that are nearly an hour from a WALMART. Like the super rural areas..in mountains and such. I don't see places like that converting to anything very well yet having to buy a vehicle that is electric is crazy to them. 

I just think it will be a difficult transition period for the 1%(probably most like 0.1%). Then these people also need mechanics but the mechanics are also in the boonies and have never worked on anything 2010 or newer... 

Valid point, yet at that time, when the other 99.9% of the people are on electric, they will then probably have finally seen an electric auto and are more tolerant and willing to consider.

Bigger bang for the buck is getting the bulk of dense city dwellers to move over to electric auto's first.