2013 lincoln MKZ AWD V6?

Stew

Anybody have any experience with these/  My brother's Audi is acting up again and he has become intrigued with this car.  He bought his wife a 08 MKX before Christmas and they really like it.  I figure these should be reliable being Fusion based and the 3.7 has been around for a while.  thoughts?

If the price is right, it's a great entry-lux midsizer. I'd forego AWD personally (and the glass roof) for weight savings.

If it's the TTV6 then you can tweak it for some big dirty fun. If it's NA then the most I can say is that if he likes it the customer is never wrong. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with them as far as reliability stuff goes.

There is no turbo V6 MKZ prior to the refreshed 2016 model.

Any new Lincoln is a horrible buy.  However a used Lincoln can be a very good buy as 2013 models could cost 50% of what it did new.  Plus it should still be under warranty even if it isn't a certified one.  You could get a 2013 MKZ for low $20s, I've seen 2012 MKZ's for $16,000.  At those prices they look like a good deal, but it is still a fancy Fusion.

You could try to sell your car at We Buy Any Car .com  They will probably give a better value on it than a dealer will on a trade.  Then just put the cash down.  Might want to get financing through your bank too if they have good rates so the dealer can't try to hose you on that.    Take away their trade in and financing variables, then all they have left is the price of the car.

My mom had an Audi, horrible reliability. They had to redo the coils and ignition wiring at one poi t and some other engine overhaul less than a year later. Those totaled $6-8000 I think and she got rid of it a year later at 155,000 miles because she thought the turbo was about to go.

Never own a German car unless someone else is picking up the repair bill.....

Forunately it was certified so got a decent warranty.  Got the car back, dealership said a coil and plugs were the culprit.  they wanted $330 to fix it, but my brother cot the plugs and coil for like 30 bucks and we are going to do it.  IMHO, they should have done it for free because apparently when they did the rebuild for the oil burning isue they put the same plugs back in, wtf?  Anyway, he is working on a trade-in deal on a REALLY nice off lease 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD.  I hoping I may have a new review next week :D

• Agree 1

Forunately it was certified so got a decent warranty.  Got the car back, dealership said a coil and plugs were the culprit.  they wanted $330 to fix it, but my brother cot the plugs and coil for like 30 bucks and we are going to do it.  IMHO, they should have done it for free because apparently when they did the rebuild for the oil burning isue they put the same plugs back in, wtf?  Anyway, he is working on a trade-in deal on a REALLY nice off lease 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD.  I hoping I may have a new review next week :D

Make sure that used ATS undergoes a rigorous inspection. They had a few major teething issues with the '13s, specifically the 2.0T.

As a friend of mine in Colorado is now learning...he replaced his '02 Maxima with a CPO '13 Audi A6 Quattro, been in the shop constantly over the last 6 months...he's now looking to unload it and get a new Maxima.

As a friend of mine in Colorado is now learning...he replaced his '02 Maxima with a CPO '13 Audi A6 Quattro, been in the shop constantly over the last 6 months...he's now looking to unload it and get a new Maxima.

Basically my brother's experience too.  The A5 is CPO.  He hasn't been able to come to a price agreement on the ATS and is looking at a 13 328i xdrive now.  He has been warned lol. 

Make sure that used ATS undergoes a rigorous inspection. They had a few major teething issues with the '13s, specifically the 2.0T.

Eberything seems to be good so far with the car.  Still has plenty of warrant left too and appears to be an of-lease car. 

I am pretty sure i have him convinced to get the 6 now.  The other deal didn't happen.  He did find a beautiful loaded white 14 with all the options that he wants.  the bad is that it is a private owner so he would have sell the Audi outright.