dfelt

Europe's 400 Ultra-Fast Charging Network by 2020

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Europe's 400 Ultra-Fast Charging Network by 2020

EuropesChargingNetwork.png

Europe like America has the 3 basic charging standards in play in their fragile network of 2016. These is what we know as the 110, 220 and 440, level 1, 2 and 3 chargers. Yet Europe is not standing by waiting for Tesla or American Auto companies to drive EV auto's. Instead Europe has built the following consortium of Auto companies who have all chosen to contribute an equal amount to building the next generation charger network. VW, GM, BMW, Daimler, FORD, FCA, Hyundai, Volvo and Jaguar Land Rover have choosen to build 400 locations over the next 3 years that will sense and charge up to 350 kW in the period of a quick Coffee break. This is significantly faster and higher than the Tesla 120kW fast charging system. The goal by the European Government is to offer road trip worthy auto's with fast charging to bring less noise and cleaner air to European cities by 2020 and to make the bulk of inner city auto's EV's within 10 years of the fast charging system going live, so by 2030.

CCS-Combo Fast Charger.jpg

Diamler is wanting to lead the European charge with their 300+ kilometer EV-CUV

MB-EV-CUV.jpg

This would seem to show that Tesla has had the desired effect of making a market changing revolution of how companies and governments see the future of transportation.

Source PM

.... good luck getting the in the USA....glad Europe is doing this.

Edited by Drew Dowdell
Removed politics

Yup...I wanted to comment on this.

It goes to show you how the rest of the planet seems to want to embrace electricity while us in North America are dragging our feet.

IRONY...at the turn of the last century...the 1900s...when the industrial revolution was starting to heat up...England and the USA was at the forefront of this revolution and the USA as a young nation exploded unto the scene with its youthful enthusiasm regarding revolutionary life style changes...

Sure there were other nations that were industrializing themselves, but not at the fervour and rate the USA was.

At the turn of this century...The USA is like a caveman, grunting and scratching his testicles reminiscing about the  good 'ole days of making America great again...but little do they understand that moving forward into this world of electrification WILL make America great again...

FORD of Europe and GM of Europe are in this with the other European car makers...

You add Tesla into the mix and you got the NEW Detroit Big 3 LEADING the way...

TESLA is the GIANT in this and GM is just about the biggest automobile car manufacturer again...Hyundai might have something to say about that...but it don't matter...GM still beats Hyundai in innovations...IF ONLY AMERICA UNCUFFS GM TO LEAD THE WAY IN THE USA AS WELL!!!

Yes with ELECTRIFICATION...

Johan de Nysschen wants to take Cadillac racing with fossil fuel technology...

What a BACKWARRDS step that is...

There is an F1 Electric car race in the making as we speak...

Cadillac should do that instead...but NO!

Americans still believe the V8 motor is the way to go...

The V8 motor my friends is a dying breed....

Tesla has changed that mind set...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Coincidently...that is why I think Tesla will survive and continue on...

Because the both the industry and the people view Tesla as the benchmark.

The industry does not want to admit this...but the consumer is not shy to express that opinion.

Tesla is the one to continue to innovate AND IMPLEMENT these changes without HESITATION.

Unless Tesla STOPS their passion for electrification and another player sweeps in to take their place...I don't see Tesla stumbling.

We make fun of Tesla with some of their moves and decisions...

But this is a NEW formula where nothing is written to base of what must be done.

Tesla is the one to write the formula going forward and many of their ideas WILL be misses.

But THAT is how technology rolls anyhow...like I said...if Tesla continues with their passion for electrification...Tesla aint going nowhere but forwards.

Europe and China sadly...looks like THEY will be the NEXT hubbub of giving us the way of how we humans live in the current future and will leave the USA in the dust...in the past...

Make America Great Again...

Sure!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly why I said in the Cadillac thread that our luxury cars will  eventually be built to Chinese tastes and not US tastes.

Americans want all of the benefits of living in a first world, first rate society with none of th effort...let me know how that works out for them...

Tesla has enormous cash flow problems that will get orders of magnitude worse under the Trump administration, my thought is put a fork in it, but I could be wrong...and hope that I am.

7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Exactly why I said in the Cadillac thread that our luxury cars will  eventually be built to Chinese tastes and not US tastes.

Americans want all of the benefits of living in a first world, first rate society with none of th effort...let me know how that works out for them...

Tesla has enormous cash flow problems that will get orders of magnitude worse under the Trump administration, my thought is put a fork in it, but I could be wrong...and hope that I am.

I aint arguing there!

But...Tesla could move their headquarters to another country. Sure the mega battery factory will still be in the States, but they could move their headquarters elsewhere...and France...

France already has told Tesla they could use one of their old Nuclear electricity producing plants to use for building their cars  AND France WILL fit the bill for converting that plant if they choose to move there...

If Europe surpasses the USA for electric car sales along with China...Tesla might bolt out of the US...with little money involved as I imagine England or some Nordic country would court them with France...

Edited by oldshurst442

Just now, oldshurst442 said:

I aint arguing there!

But...Tesla could move their headquarters to another country. Sure the mega battery factory will still be in the States, but they could move their headquarters elsewhere...and France...

France already has told Tesla they use one of their old Nuclear electricity producing plants to use for building their cars for free if they choose to move there...

If Europe surpasses the USA for electric car sales along with China...Tesla might bolt out of the US...with little money involved as I imagine England or some Nordic country would court them with France...

I could really see the French doing this.

But they would have to be willing to have a long term cash infusion to get the three to market.

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I could really see the French doing this.

But they would have to be willing to have a long term cash infusion to get the three to market.

I think they are willing.

Tesla could boost their own flagging car industry.

Tesla could put a boost in their industry.

Maybe at the expense of Citroen or Peugeot or Renault?

It don't matter. If their car industry could still employ Frenchies...and their factories don't end up being vacant....

Germany has put a strangle hold on many European car manufacturing countries...

Letn us not go too far into this...

Bottom line is that Europe and its people are looking into the future to try to better their transport and pollution.

To better the lives of every European.

To live in a European Dream.

• Upvote 1

I think the crumbling EU and the rise of infighting among European countries wills end shock waves through the European auto industry. Plus a lot of people will want to move production out of England now that they are no longer part of the EU.

Interesting times!

I am almost wondering if the electric car revolution in America will come through local means.  cities tend to be much more politically liberal than rural areas, i could see cities taking the lead on charging networks.

6 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think the crumbling EU and the rise of infighting among European countries wills end shock waves through the European auto industry. Plus a lot of people will want to move production out of England now that they are no longer part of the EU.

Interesting times!

I did not think of the Brexit...I forgot about it...OOPSIES!

but it sure is an interesting time...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1

Americans will embrace EV when someone produces an EV without massive limitations and cost.  Until then, automakers can offer them in minimalist numbers, losing thousands each sale, because of unrealistic CAFE mandates.

Edited by Drew Dowdell
No politics

Wrote a whole piece in the alternative forum about the west coast electric highway.

http://westcoastgreenhighway.com/electrichighway.htm

I can tell you all that the High Tech Industry is all for electric auto's and with the Chevy BOLT here, Nissan Leaf 2.0 in a year, Hyundai Ionic here now and the Tesla 3 in 2018, I seriously do not see Trump derailing this.

Trump can and would win many supporters if he supported the US building a 350kW infrastructure in North America. Canada and Mexico would jump on board and we could have a new Industrial revolution.

Just think about the new smarter Electric grid and the new charging stations, you can still have that coffee stop, plug in the auto, grab your Starbucks and 15 min later out the door back on the road after hitting the head.

Wings...this is about the EV infrastructure...in Europe...

And yes...If the US would embark on building a 350kW infrastructure in North America. Canada and Mexico would jump on board and we could have a new Industrial revolution...

Edited by Drew Dowdell
Removed the political stuff

DOW is up in record high numbers....HA!!!

De-regulation in the 1980s by the guy you have in the pic there started a greed on Wall Street that continues on today...

I cringe when I hear anything coming out of Wall Street because I simply don't trust ANYTHING they say...

Ford of Europe and GM of Europe's shares probably went up...which benefits Detroit headquarters...but that is good for Europe's future not America's...

Edited by Drew Dowdell
removed quoted post that was removed
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

That is too funny and yet Coral Sea is a dead boat in the history books. Still funny to read. :P

14,893 charging stations in the US is still nothing to sneeze at!

EV-Charging Stations.png

I just hope I can buy an EV 4WD with 42 inch tires because it is getting deep in here...and I am not talking about the level of intellectual discussion...

I wonder if bullshit conducts electricity.....might have to worry about shorting out the batteries....

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I just hope I can buy an EV 4WD with 42 inch tires because it is getting deep in here...and I am not talking about the level of intellectual discussion...

I wonder if bullshit conducts electricity.....might have to worry about shorting out the batteries....

Here are some 4wd EV options for you.

http://newatlas.com/zoomability-zoom-off-road-wheelchair/36082/

This might be more up your road!

https://www.alke.com/4wd-vehicles

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Here are some 4wd EV options for you.

http://newatlas.com/zoomability-zoom-off-road-wheelchair/36082/

This might be more up your road!

https://www.alke.com/4wd-vehicles

Neat.....I love EV's!  And thank you for bringing us back on topic, sir. You have my respect!

26 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Neat.....I love EV's!  And thank you for bringing us back on topic, sir. You have my respect!

EV devices like these 4wd chairs can really sell people on the whole EV movement IMHO.

Just now, dfelt said:

EV devices like these 4wd chairs can really sell people on the whole EV movement IMHO.

One thing in the favor of VV's is we have not seen a reversal of demand, rather demand has grown steadily and persistently.  Better a slow, rational transformation than everyone on the band wagon all at once and then the technology disappoints.

Personal computers were slow to catch on at first also....!

• Upvote 1

olds,

I had three prior posts in this thread, two of which directly related to the topic, one made fun of you and your joke, and you sir, are the one who is all over the map with your topics.

And FYI, since YOU went there and YOU brought it up, Detroit is turning out to be the comeback story of the decade.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

1. SalesmanSean
      SalesmanSean
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Seven years ago, Chinese automaker Guangzhou Automobile Group (GAC) entered into a joint venture Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Currently, the joint venture locally builds the Cherokee, Compass, and Renegade. The venture also imports the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler for Chinese buyers. It has proven to be successful as the venture saw its sales triple to nearly 150,000 vehicles in 2016. Because of this, GAC wants to strengthen their ties with FCA.
      "GAC has a real interest in deepening relations with Fiat Chrysler to expand outside China, especially in the U.S. Fiat hasn’t been able so far to catch up with competitors in China, so there is much room to improve," said Vincenzo Longo, a strategist at IG Markets in Milan.
      In an interview with Bloomberg, GAC President Feng Xingya said the two automakers are in discussions about deepening their partnership. The key items being focused in the discussions include models, production, and sales targets. Xingya also hinted that GAC wanted to work FCA in the U.S. when it plans to launch their unfortunately named Trumpchi brand by 2019.
       “We are very satisfied with our cooperation with FCA. We have yet to reach a conclusion on how to cooperate with FCA when we begin manufacturing in the U.S., and we have also not begun discussions with other Chinese automakers on whether to make cars together in the U.S,” said Xingya.
      Source: Bloomberg

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Seven years ago, Chinese automaker Guangzhou Automobile Group (GAC) entered into a joint venture Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Currently, the joint venture locally builds the Cherokee, Compass, and Renegade. The venture also imports the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler for Chinese buyers. It has proven to be successful as the venture saw its sales triple to nearly 150,000 vehicles in 2016. Because of this, GAC wants to strengthen their ties with FCA.
      "GAC has a real interest in deepening relations with Fiat Chrysler to expand outside China, especially in the U.S. Fiat hasn’t been able so far to catch up with competitors in China, so there is much room to improve," said Vincenzo Longo, a strategist at IG Markets in Milan.
      In an interview with Bloomberg, GAC President Feng Xingya said the two automakers are in discussions about deepening their partnership. The key items being focused in the discussions include models, production, and sales targets. Xingya also hinted that GAC wanted to work FCA in the U.S. when it plans to launch their unfortunately named Trumpchi brand by 2019.
       “We are very satisfied with our cooperation with FCA. We have yet to reach a conclusion on how to cooperate with FCA when we begin manufacturing in the U.S., and we have also not begun discussions with other Chinese automakers on whether to make cars together in the U.S,” said Xingya.
      Source: Bloomberg
    • By William Maley
      Ford is expanding their green options to governments with the launch of the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan. The model will be positioned for those who don't need a pursuit-rated vehicle such as Police and Fire Chiefs, detectives, and other government officials.
      Based on the Fusion Energi, the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan comes with the 2.0L Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder and a larger 7.6-kWh lithium-ion battery. Ford says the electric range of 21 miles should be enough for most folks to get through a shift without needing a recharge. If the battery does become depleted, the gas engine will kick on to provide a total range of over 500 miles.
      “This is the first Ford police vehicle that can potentially get through an entire shift using no gasoline whatsoever. Anyone can plug this in to any wall outlet to run gas- and emissions-free on battery-only operation,” said Stephen Tyler, Ford police brand marketing manager.
      Recharging is said to take about 7 hours from a conventional 110-volt outlet or 2.5 hours when using a 240-volt charger.
      Ford has fitted a number of features for those wearing a badge. The front seats come upholstered in heavy-duty cloth and feature smaller side bolsters for improved comfort. Anti-stab plates are installed in the backside of the front seats to provide extra protection. Optional equipment includes spot lights, storage vault for the trunk, and a dark-car feature that turns completely turns off all interior lighting for surveillance purposes.
      The order books for the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan open next month with deliveries beginning next summer.
      Source: Ford
      Press Release is on Page 2

FORD LAUNCHES ITS FIRST PLUG-IN HYBRID VEHICLE FOR POLICE AND GOVERNMENT CUSTOMERS
      New Ford police vehicle debuts offering battery-only electric mode, plus the driving range of a gasoline-electric hybrid New vehicle designed for police and fire chiefs, detectives, and other non-pursuit law enforcement personnel 7.6-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery propels new police Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan up to 21 miles on a charge and up to 85 mph on battery power alone; new offering brings the added flexibility of a full hybrid-electric powertrain with a range surpassing 500 miles DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 20, 2017 – Earlier this year, Ford revealed the world’s first-ever pursuit-rated hybrid police vehicle. Today, the company is giving law enforcement an even more efficient option with the reveal of a plug-in hybrid vehicle capable of driving up to 21 miles without a drop of gas.
      The Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan, the first plug-in hybrid police vehicle from Ford, is designed for police and fire chiefs, detectives, and other government personnel whose jobs don’t require a pursuit-rated vehicle.
      “This is the first Ford police vehicle that can potentially get through an entire shift using no gasoline whatsoever,” said Stephen Tyler, Ford police brand marketing manager. “Anyone can plug this in to any wall outlet to run gas- and emissions-free on battery-only operation.”
      The vehicle’s 3.3-kilowatt onboard charger allows agencies to fully charge the 7.6-kilowatt-hour battery in just 2.5 hours on a 240-volt, level-two charger. But Ford is confident most agencies won’t need anything more than a regular 120-volt wall outlet to recharge. The lithium-ion battery can move the vehicle up to 21 miles on a single charge and up to 85 mph on battery power alone. Once the battery runs down, the vehicle is powered by its gasoline-electric hybrid powerplant – with a range surpassing 500 miles – eliminating any concerns of range anxiety typically associated with battery-only electrics.
      The custom interior features heavy-duty cloth front seats with reduced bolsters, for officer comfort, and rear anti-stab plates, plus vinyl rear seating and flooring. Other highlights include a reinforced top tray for mounting equipment, metal console mounting plate, red and white task lighting in the overhead console, police engine-idle feature, unique alloy wheels and an auxiliary power distribution box in the trunk.
      Several unique options are available for the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan, including a driver spot lamp, a trunk storage vault, trunk ventilation system, and a rear door control-disabling feature. A special dark-car feature turns off interior lighting and allows the dash cluster to be dimmed 100 percent for surveillance, and several emergency lighting packages like those found on other Ford police vehicles are also available.
      The new Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan joins two other Ford police vehicles revealed this year – Ford Police Responder Hybrid Sedan and F-150 Police Responder. Recently, both successfully completed rigorous testing conducted by Michigan State Police at Grattan Raceway in Belding, Michigan, and Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California.
      Customers will be able to order the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan in December with sales starting next summer.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Ford is expanding their green options to governments with the launch of the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan. The model will be positioned for those who don't need a pursuit-rated vehicle such as Police and Fire Chiefs, detectives, and other government officials.
      Based on the Fusion Energi, the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan comes with the 2.0L Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder and a larger 7.6-kWh lithium-ion battery. Ford says the electric range of 21 miles should be enough for most folks to get through a shift without needing a recharge. If the battery does become depleted, the gas engine will kick on to provide a total range of over 500 miles.
      “This is the first Ford police vehicle that can potentially get through an entire shift using no gasoline whatsoever. Anyone can plug this in to any wall outlet to run gas- and emissions-free on battery-only operation,” said Stephen Tyler, Ford police brand marketing manager.
      Recharging is said to take about 7 hours from a conventional 110-volt outlet or 2.5 hours when using a 240-volt charger.
      Ford has fitted a number of features for those wearing a badge. The front seats come upholstered in heavy-duty cloth and feature smaller side bolsters for improved comfort. Anti-stab plates are installed in the backside of the front seats to provide extra protection. Optional equipment includes spot lights, storage vault for the trunk, and a dark-car feature that turns completely turns off all interior lighting for surveillance purposes.
      The order books for the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan open next month with deliveries beginning next summer.
      Source: Ford
      Press Release is on Page 2

FORD LAUNCHES ITS FIRST PLUG-IN HYBRID VEHICLE FOR POLICE AND GOVERNMENT CUSTOMERS
      New Ford police vehicle debuts offering battery-only electric mode, plus the driving range of a gasoline-electric hybrid New vehicle designed for police and fire chiefs, detectives, and other non-pursuit law enforcement personnel 7.6-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery propels new police Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan up to 21 miles on a charge and up to 85 mph on battery power alone; new offering brings the added flexibility of a full hybrid-electric powertrain with a range surpassing 500 miles DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 20, 2017 – Earlier this year, Ford revealed the world’s first-ever pursuit-rated hybrid police vehicle. Today, the company is giving law enforcement an even more efficient option with the reveal of a plug-in hybrid vehicle capable of driving up to 21 miles without a drop of gas.
      The Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan, the first plug-in hybrid police vehicle from Ford, is designed for police and fire chiefs, detectives, and other government personnel whose jobs don’t require a pursuit-rated vehicle.
      “This is the first Ford police vehicle that can potentially get through an entire shift using no gasoline whatsoever,” said Stephen Tyler, Ford police brand marketing manager. “Anyone can plug this in to any wall outlet to run gas- and emissions-free on battery-only operation.”
      The vehicle’s 3.3-kilowatt onboard charger allows agencies to fully charge the 7.6-kilowatt-hour battery in just 2.5 hours on a 240-volt, level-two charger. But Ford is confident most agencies won’t need anything more than a regular 120-volt wall outlet to recharge. The lithium-ion battery can move the vehicle up to 21 miles on a single charge and up to 85 mph on battery power alone. Once the battery runs down, the vehicle is powered by its gasoline-electric hybrid powerplant – with a range surpassing 500 miles – eliminating any concerns of range anxiety typically associated with battery-only electrics.
      The custom interior features heavy-duty cloth front seats with reduced bolsters, for officer comfort, and rear anti-stab plates, plus vinyl rear seating and flooring. Other highlights include a reinforced top tray for mounting equipment, metal console mounting plate, red and white task lighting in the overhead console, police engine-idle feature, unique alloy wheels and an auxiliary power distribution box in the trunk.
      Several unique options are available for the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan, including a driver spot lamp, a trunk storage vault, trunk ventilation system, and a rear door control-disabling feature. A special dark-car feature turns off interior lighting and allows the dash cluster to be dimmed 100 percent for surveillance, and several emergency lighting packages like those found on other Ford police vehicles are also available.
      The new Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan joins two other Ford police vehicles revealed this year – Ford Police Responder Hybrid Sedan and F-150 Police Responder. Recently, both successfully completed rigorous testing conducted by Michigan State Police at Grattan Raceway in Belding, Michigan, and Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California.
      Customers will be able to order the Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan in December with sales starting next summer.
    • By William Maley
      BMW previewed their upcoming three-row crossover with the the X7 iPerformance concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show. There is now talk about adding a coupe-like design derivative known as the X8.
      BMW’s head of development, Klaus Fröhlich told Autocar that the company is considering such a model, but there are  no concrete plans for this.
      “The sector is growing fast, so there will be opportunity, It is early to talk about X8, but one of the first decisions I made when I worked on product strategy was to take the X5 and make the X6," said Fröhlich.
      “There is room for X8 – especially in markets like China – but there are no decisions yet. Each car must have a distinct character, and these are the sort of areas that take time to evaluate.”
      Autocar reports discussions at the moment deal with the design. BMW is looking into either doing something like the X4 and X6 or designing a long-wheelbase variant that would free up space in the back to allow for a sweeping coupe roof. The latter option is said to be favored by many, but could make this project complex as it would make BMW create a new platform that will be a hybrid of the CLAR modular platform and the upcoming modular platform for Rolls-Royce.
      No matter which design BMW decides to go with, the X8 is said to have seating for four or five people and provide a number of luxuries for those sitting in the back.
      Source: Autocar

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook