Icecream Cake

Is icecream cake a cake, or nothing more than icecream?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is icecream cake a cake, or nothing more than icecream?

• Yes, it's a type of cake.
    • No, It's just icecream.
    • I prefer pie.

Ok, so my best friend and I have been locked in a (rather pointless) debate on whether or not icecream cake is actually cake, or just icecream. He believe that it's a lie, and is nothing more than icecream. I believe that, because it is designed and shaped like a cake, it qualifies as one.

To put an automotive twist on this debate, I came up with the floowing analogy:

Icecream Cake is like a crossover SUV. It looks like a traditional body-on-frame SUV, with high ground clearance and available FWD. However, underneath it's based off a car or minvian. It also under most cercumstances go offroad or tow like a "real" SUV. Yet it is still considered an SUV.

:P

Please vote and state your reason for choosing your vote.

Have fun with this guys! :lol:

Well, I think cake implies that it has some sort of bread-like substance, and most ice cream cakes don't have that.

Really, ice cream cake is just ice cream molded into a shape. Cake doesn't have to be any sort of shape, it can be round, square, or whatever shape you want it to fill, so I wouldn't say there is really a shape for cake.

Well, I think cake implies that it has some sort of bread-like substance, and most ice cream cakes don't have that.

Interesting... to me icecream cake always has cake. I guess there is more to this debate.

Hmm, maybe I'm forgetting the cake, but I thought my B-Day "cake" (which was of the ice cream variety) only had icecream. If it does have actual cake in it, then yes I'd say it is a cake. Lots of people put ice cream on top of their cake (after they cut the piece off), so I guess it's similar to cake.

If anyone has ever been to Carvel, their ice cream cake has no cake in it, just chocolate ice cream on bottom, cookie crumbs on top of that, then a sort of vanilla half ice cream half frosting on top, with regular frosting on top of that. Thats the way it should be. I'd say it is closer to just ice cream than it is to cake.

I think cake implies that it's a certain shape, not necessarily the substance that makes it. For instance, you could take Betty Crocker Cake Mix, put it in a muffin pan, cook it according to directions, and you'd have muffins, not cake.

CaddyXLR-V: Carvel has bar none the best ice cream I've ever tasted. Are you a transplanted Northeasterner, like I will be someday? I've only seen them in the tri-state area. DQ and Baskin Robbins have nothing on them. However there's a relatively new Cold Stone Creamery a few miles down the road that I might check out.